1-1-2009 renewals

Nov 11, 2008

1. ABC

ABC Guru

The peak season is upon on for group renewals. I have about 1/4 of my block renewing for 1-1-09

I am trying to have all my renewals wrapped up before December. In my experience every year the carriers get over loaded and always seem to drop the ball. Anytime they shift people from other departments or bring in Temps its always it slows everything down. I have even had years where they have lost documentation on cases.

I always talk to my decision makers and press for a decision to be made prior to 12-15. If I move a case to a new carrier I pre screen the group with underwriting in November.

By moving quickly this can save a huge amount of headaches for both you and your clients. Ya never want to let the client have a bad experience with a carrier.

ABC, Nov 11, 2008
  2. Executive Benefits

Executive Benefits Expert

Here in Floirda the deadline for Blues is 12/10/08 they will not accept any 1/1/09 business after that.

3. Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy Guru

State:
    Georgia
    I always try to get my renewals in by November 20th. I tell my clients that due to the holiday season, it slows down the process, and we need to give it another week or so.