1 License, 3 Different Jobs?

Hello to all who reads this post. My name is Max and I am just about to be working for Health markets for Health and Life insurance.

I was speaking with a friend who works there and he stated to me that not only can you be an independent contractor and sell individual health and life, but you can also, at the same time, work in a call center taking inbound calls, with another company.

Not only that he stated to me that it get better. He stated that not only can you build your cliental with selling policies, get a part time gig at a call center making about 20$ an hour, but you can work with other companies that pay a per diem of about 225 per day to go out to different cities and basically get group policies.

Can this really happen? Where are all these companies? Where do I find this opportunity if I didn't know him?

This really sound great for me. Diversifying my sources of income with just one license. Any thoughts on this? Anyone knows someone doing something like this. I would think it would be a conflict of interest between the companies.
Hope to hear from all the veterans on this forum!

Read your employment contract and look specifically for the areas called "conflicts of interest".

In short, if you are in a captive, or employment situation... you cannot work for another entity using the same licenses... UNLESS it is otherwise specified in your contract.

Otherwise, if you violate the terms of your contact, you will be terminated 'for cause'.

Something to keep in mind: most employers have some kind of compliance person that will check on your state license and the various carriers you are appointed with. If you are appointed with a carrier that your employer doesn't offer, you will be asked questions and possibly shown the door.

Can you do all this? Sure. Can you keep doing all of it? Only if your employer isn't vigilant on compliance.

I wouldn't make that bet... but that's me.

Health Markets is the old Insphere Insurance solutions and NASE. That being said do your homework. They don't keep changing their name because they good company to work for. I found out the hard way!:no:

Health Markets is the old Insphere Insurance solutions and NASE. That being said do your homework. They don't keep changing their name because they good company to work for. I found out the hard way!:no:

Thank you both for the reply. IM just so new to this game. Do you think that they are doing that illegally? It sounds almost too good to be true.

Hey agent 15 I wanted to ask you where are you located and also where is your friend located? To my knowledge healthmarkets has its field agents along with its call center agents. Ask your friend to clarify some of the details for you. It just sounds like what he told you is all over the place and you can't seem to get a good idea of what he really meant.

Hey agent 15 I wanted to ask you where are you located and also where is your friend located? To my knowledge healthmarkets has its field agents along with its call center agents. Ask your friend to clarify some of the details for you. It just sounds like what he told you is all over the place and you can't seem to get a good idea of what he really meant.

Hey beginner. He is not telling me much because he does not know much. He knows of agents that work there that also works doing other jobs with other companies. I asked him if it was legal and he stated yes, we are independent agents, not captive.

Health markets in south Orlando. I have not been to the office. Just passed the test and waiting for my application to clear. Should be within days.

It really sounds attractive to me the way he put it. Work as an independent agent with health markets, work part time in a good pay call center, and get some per diem deal stated around 250$ to sign up group insurance with no selling needed! I hope he is right about what he said.

I know for a fact that when I enter the office, I will get down to the true potential of this license.

Fair enough agent. thanks a lot for your time and for responding. I became curious because those field agents are captive here in California. Please let us know how it goes for you when you get to that center. And just make sure you get those questions clarified when you sit with the hiring manager. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Here in the Panhandle of Florida they are captive also and there was no call center.
Make sure you ask them how much it will cost you just to appoint with them as they are very tight lipped about it until charge your account. Last I heard it was about 4-500 dollars.

Health markets AKA Insphere, pays very low commissions. No wonder you're friend needs three jobs.

I've got one career! I'm a full time independent life agent. I'm also licensed for health and annuities. I focus on life. The dog that chases two rabbits gets none.

Back