$10,000 to $25,000 deductibles

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone have a carrier in TX that writes affordable high deductible plans (i.e. $10k-$25k)?

I have a couple of doctors that are looking for something like this.

I want something that will pretty much pay 80/20 or 100% after meeting this deductible. No major internal caps. Just a basic bare-bones, high-deductible plan.

I have seen some agents using these types in plans in conjuction with limited benefit plans to create a shared risk plan.

Any thoughts on this?

My only issue would be finding a limited benefit plan that is affordable enough to make this situation work and the "ease of use factor" for clients...

World, Time . . . both offer high SIR plans to $25k. Deductible, then 100%. Simple plans. No moving parts. I have a few clients on these plans.

I think GTL does too, but I wouldn't offer that to a goat.

Does a shared risk approach ever make sense?

Interested in feedback on this... There is a guy in my area selling high deductible plans with UA to "cover the gap" and pay the $25,000 deductible. I'm sure commissions are nice on this type of situation, but curious if these shared risk combos ever make practical sense?

The "shared risk" approach makes a lot of sense to the agent.

From a risk/financial standpoint it is a waste of the consumers money.

The "shared risk" approach makes a lot of sense to the agent.

From a risk/financial standpoint it is a waste of the consumers money.

That is pretty much the conclusion I have made from the plans I've seen. Assuming that you could find a quality limited benefit plan that was actually inexpensive, I could see this working..

How many oxymorns were in that last sentence...? lol

Ahnuld I am going to get you.

Your new avatar had me wanting to slap my screen to kill the bug.

Latest posts

Back