10 MA Apps or More Per Week

Not worth sharing? I agree. But if you're in a territory no one is in (like if you're in Florida and I'm in Texas) then there is no threat to your system of income. You don't have to reveal your secrets, but at least give a hungry agent 5 minutes of your time and let him ask questions. You only answer what you want to. Pretty easy right?

Of course it's SEPs,there's nothing else you can write. But if you have the right SYSTEM, you should be able to just rake them in with your established system. So.... who has a system?

Like TDF said, you forgot T65's. That's all I have been writing since 2009 tho I'm changing a little.
But I stay way clear of SNP's SEPs.

The system to writing a bunch of SEPs is to just mail the hell out of them. They are low income and they typically fill more of those cards out. The more you send out the more you get back. Figure out how many leads you need to get in front of X amount of prospects. There's your system.

Hi, off the subject a bit but think you are quite knowledgeable.
My brief story: Licensed since 95 in NJ joined large captive group/ health ins. Rookie of the year etc.
Moved to Atlanta got into Estate planning/seminars annuity sales , did very well, won't bother you with details. New plan is to sell med supps/ advantage , since much experience with senior market. My question is do you have an approximate idea of how much I lose in commission$ joining as captive or Independent. There are a few things I think are a plus with this particular captive group that I actually know of, hand holding, real good training, co-op for leads, crm, website, advances etc, etc. But trying to get a handle on what i am paying for all that. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Hi, off the subject a bit but think you are quite knowledgeable. My brief story: Licensed since 95 in NJ joined large captive group/ health ins. Rookie of the year etc. Moved to Atlanta got into Estate planning/seminars annuity sales , did very well, won't bother you with details. New plan is to sell med supps/ advantage , since much experience with senior market. My question is do you have an approximate idea of how much I lose in commission$ joining as captive or Independent. There are a few things I think are a plus with this particular captive group that I actually know of, hand holding, real good training, co-op for leads, crm, website, advances etc, etc. But trying to get a handle on what i am paying for all that. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

What company is it? How much are they paying for med Supps/Ma plans? How much are the leads? Exclusive? Your very own website?

When I was new and still in NY, When I first contracted with wellcare ( wont even sell them anymore) The district manager wanted me to come in for a training thing.

There I met several agents that averaged 5- 10 deals a week.Funny thing though resid was not what you would expect 8-10 at best (probably lower if that's what they were bragging)

They were plagued with high Cancellation rate, Massive Customer service and several complaints. Besides the fact they worked like 15 hour days 7 days a week

When I was new and still in NY, When I first contracted with wellcare ( wont even sell them anymore) The district manager wanted me to come in for a training thing.

There I met several agents that averaged 5- 10 deals a week.Funny thing though resid was not what you would expect 8-10 at best (probably lower if that's what they were bragging)

They were plagued with high Cancellation rate, Massive Customer service and several complaints. Besides the fact they worked like 15 hour days 7 days a week

With stories like this, I can't wrap my head around why people even bother with MAPD as opposed to just concentrating on MS.

With stories like this, I can't wrap my head around why people even bother with MAPD as opposed to just concentrating on MS.

I can only speak for Socal, here's my reasons...

1) T65 for MAPDs pay $535, supps pay apprx $150-250

2) MAPDs are strong here, good plans, and if u stick to the top rated companies, not a lot of discontinuing of plans or major changes.

3) I dont have concrete #'s, cause I havent been doing this long enough, but not counting duals, you may have a 5% turnover after 1-3yrs, maybe 10-15% after 5-6yrs....and I would say thats probably the high end.

4) I present BOTH, every time, and 90% pick the MAPD plan, even the ones with a little $$$ are picking those too.

When you are captive, you are positioned to sell many a plan that is not best for their unique needs. You are positioned to hit a quota, or lose your resources from the captive company. For example, you're in front of a client who has already bought into you. You know they'll take your captive plan, but there's another plan that's so much better that you can't talk about. Or your client will take your plan, but you know their going to have a big problem on one specific issue, but you graze over it cause it's the end of the week and you have to hit your numbers. This is why captive s have such a high charge back rate. This is why it's best to be able to sell any plan. On top of that, most captive companies keep your residuals after 1or2 years. Medicare advantage plans pay lifetime residuals. If you can't see the big picture of free money every month after a couple of years, you have a problem with delayed gratification and your right now money mentality will always hinder you from financial freedom. One last thing. I vouch for medicare advantage over medicare supplements. They pay more, they pay longer, and they are $0 premium. Med. Supps. Have their place, but medicare advantage is where its at for people who are disciplined to not bounce from business to business all the time and believing negative hype from people who complain about work all the time. My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back