10 MA Apps or More Per Week

When you are captive, you are positioned to sell many a plan that is not best for their unique needs. You are positioned to hit a quota, or lose your resources from the captive company. For example, you're in front of a client who has already bought into you. You know they'll take your captive plan, but there's another plan that's so much better that you can't talk about. Or your client will take your plan, but you know their going to have a big problem on one specific issue, but you graze over it cause it's the end of the week and you have to hit your numbers. This is why captive s have such a high charge back rate. This is why it's best to be able to sell any plan. On top of that, most captive companies keep your residuals after 1or2 years. Medicare advantage plans pay lifetime residuals. If you can't see the big picture of free money every month after a couple of years, you have a problem with delayed gratification and your right now money mentality will always hinder you from financial freedom. One last thing. I vouch for medicare advantage over medicare supplements. They pay more, they pay longer, and they are $0 premium. Med. Supps. Have their place, but medicare advantage is where its at for people who are disciplined to not bounce from business to business all the time and believing negative hype from people who complain about work all the time. My 2 cents.

Wow thats a mouthfull

Listen I wasn't captive nor did I sell the SNP, I said I met some agent that did.

2nd I don't complain about my work, I love my work and do very well.

3rd don't give me the lifetime renewal baloney. Having sold MA in a dozen states, I have not seen an AEP go by without at least one area being affected by major changes to the most popular plan in an area. More and more it is the disconuing of the commissioned plan and good news there is a new noncommissioned plan by the same company, Empire blue nassau suffolk in 2015. and other times you just have to spend the time to find a new plan because Docs dropped and any number of reasons

I still write MA and it def has its place. Just saying the lifetime renewal thing is a joke.

The med supp buis has way less issues, better retention, less service work.Better renewals, Wont ever get you CMS complaint.

Wow thats a mouthfull

Listen I wasn't captive nor did I sell the SNP, I said I met some agent that did.

2nd I don't complain about my work, I love my work and do very well.

3rd don't give me the lifetime renewal baloney. Having sold MA in a dozen states, I have not seen an AEP go by without at least one area being affected by major changes to the most popular plan in an area. More and more it is the disconuing of the commissioned plan and good news there is a new noncommissioned plan by the same company, Empire blue nassau suffolk in 2015. and other times you just have to spend the time to find a new plan because Docs dropped and any number of reasons

I still write MA and it def has its place. Just saying the lifetime renewal thing is a joke.

The med supp buis has way less issues, better retention, less service work.Better renewals, Wont ever get you CMS complaint.

That want wasn't directed toward you. I meant in general. I don't know what state you're in, but in Houston, I have never faced a replacement with non commission able products issue. And whenever a company has been shut down, or plan benefits get bad there are some that want to stay, some that are ready to switch. Already established relationship. Easy transition. 500 clients equals $100,000 a year in residuals. 1,000 equals $200,000 a year in residuals. People die, people disenroll. But if you measure your law of numbers and understand your equilibrium, it is simple to live easy with this

That want wasn't directed toward you. I meant in general. I don't know what state you're in, but in Houston, I have never faced a replacement with non commission able products issue. And whenever a company has been shut down, or plan benefits get bad there are some that want to stay, some that are ready to switch. Already established relationship. Easy transition. 500 clients equals $100,000 a year in residuals. 1,000 equals $200,000 a year in residuals. People die, people disenroll. But if you measure your law of numbers and understand your equilibrium, it is simple to live easy with this

I sell in about a dozen states, Most of My Ma plans are in FL,NY, CA, Although I have some in some sporadic on other states like TN, IL, NC.

I am right about 80% med supp to MA over all,

I have only recently began marketing in TX and have not yet had found reasonable to sell MA, Med Supp is priced well and most can afford it.

However I don't care where you sell MA after some time a plan will drop benefits and you will have clients that yes will stick with you but will suck the time out of you trying to get what once was but no longer exist and have you check and recheck docs and meds before making a new selection
yes you will keep them because you have the rapport

This however does not equal the lifetime renewals as advertized you are still switching plans no idf the switching someone supplement. Actually very dif its much more time consuming at times, like a new sale

Yeah Vic! Stop being CAPTIVE! Haha

LARYMES - I don't know how long you've been in Medicare business for or what state you are in but you are completely wrong to generalize MAPDs>Med supps. It depends on where you live and how much you make shouldn't be a factor.

Im in Florida and I make more up front on MAPD over Med supps (only on FYC) but believe me, med supps are much less work. I don't get calls from those clients, crying that they lost their doctor, or now that they have cancer, they can't pay all the bills coming in. That's why Im now picking up other states where I can sell more med supps, less service work.

Add to the fact that you keep on talking about SEP business, you are setting yourself up for a lot of chargebacks and/or a lot of headache.

It's always great when an OP asks for help and then wants to argue with those who are providing the advice, very classy...

There's nothing else but SEPs? I guess the T65s I've been turning in is a big waste of time.... Damnit!

Another benefit to the T65 demographic is they probably have a longer life expectancy than say t75 or older, meaning they will be more valuable in the long run bc of more renewal years. (Just a thought)

It's always great when an OP asks for help and then wants to argue with those who are providing the advice, very classy...
I'm asking if there are some on here writing 5 to 10 MAs per week,and if so maybe they can provide some advice. I have met a few off of this forum, so I figured there may be a few on here too. I was addressing the gentleman who is new to the Medicare advantage field who was asking about captive vs non captive, and then someone began to vent on how they dislike MAs and think people should write med supps instead (as I see is a common complaint in many of these posts ). To each his own. ?

I'm asking if there are some on here writing 5 to 10 MAs per week,and if so maybe they can provide some advice. I have met a few off of this forum, so I figured there may be a few on here too. I was addressing the gentleman who is new to the Medicare advantage field who was asking about captive vs non captive, and then someone began to vent on how they dislike MAs and think people should write med supps instead (as I see is a common complaint in many of these posts ). To each his own. ?

For the record I am not knocking MA, I write some and know others who write more then me,

I am saying anyone who write that many MA (10 per week) during lock in has a lot more issues, Generally will either write most SNP's and chase after them in a way that will invite many cancellations and attract complaints.

I do believe there are people out there that write that many per week with a mix and sell a lot of med supps in that mix, But again that will take experience a good budget, A mix of marketing and a steady flow of referrals.

For the record I am not knocking MA, I write some and know others who write more then me,

I am saying anyone who write that many MA (10 per week) during lock in has a lot more issues, Generally will either write most SNP's and chase after them in a way that will invite many cancellations and attract complaints.

I do believe there are people out there that write that many per week with a mix and sell a lot of med supps in that mix, But again that will take experience a good budget, A mix of marketing and a steady flow of referrals.

?yes sir. It's happening out there.

Back