100 Man Story

Statistics suggest that in the United States of America, out of every 100 people at the age of 26; thirty-nine years later (at age 64) 36 will have died, 54 will be broke, 5 will still be working, 4 will be financially secure, and only 1 will be wealthy.

I see alot of agents reading this post, Here it is

:goofy:

:idea:

Based on 100 average americans

the Average person earns his first regular paycheck somewhere between 18 and 25 and his/her income tends to go up until reaching 50 to 55.... then the average persons income levels off until Social Security time, then it stops...... "Jim/Prospect" here's the point that suprises me: This average person will earn between his first and last paycheck more than $900,000. The person with special training wil earn more than $1,800,000 during his or her working years. Thats alot of money Jim.... but look at this: Here's how these orginal 100 made out after having this kind of money go through their pockets.

4... will be well off They will have annual income of more than $40,000

49.. will have annual incomes of between $7,000 and less than $40,000

22... will have income under poverty less than $7,000 per year!

25... will be dead.. They never made it to Social Security time. Thats about the average... one out of four wont live to 65.

But Jim, Look at this next figure. This really tells the story.

That means Seventy one have only Social Security benefits or they are dependent----on friends,family, charity etc..... why thats almost 3/4 of them. almost three fourths of the orginal 100 after earning this kind of money.....(Point to lifetime earnings). Ok look at this add 25 and 71. thats 96.....think about it..... starting here at age 18... ninty six are either Dead or Dead Broke when they get to Social Security time.

Jim, do you suppose any of these people when they were starting out planned to be financial failures? of course they didn't. Nobody works their entire life with the goal of being a financial failure. Maybe these people didn't understand the need to have a written plan. A written plan with automatic systematic deposits like the plan I am going to show you TODAY.

"From here you show them the positive aspects of a WL/UL/VUL or BTID" I can help with this too if you need help.

The Insured Savings approach seems to work very well with the 100 man story... Take a Illustration with you for say 35 year old male for say $100.00 a month.... show them this illustration then say how much do you feel comfortabel with today.

Its also helpful to explain a "Financial Gameplan" before the presentation. It helps alot to motivate the consumer to buy TODAY!!

:biggrin:

I hope this helps!

Scott

Interesting. I have never heard this before and I'm wondering if anyone can site the credible source to this, please?

The story, or some variation, has been around for at least 35 years. I started part time in the life insurance business in 1973 and part of our pitch was the 100 man story.

We also had other printed stories including the one about Nat King Cole. Seems he started an app for a large life policy (can't recall the face) but never paid the premium or signed the app. He kept promising the agent he would sign it when he got back from a tour. He died before ever following through, denying his family access to those funds.

There were other stories, but these were two that stuck in my mind.

Oh you gotta love story telling.. one of my favorite and most powerful tactics at the table!

If by some fluke someone can reference the 100 man story, however, please do so. 35 years..!!! I cannot believe I have not heard this one.

I'd still love to know where from this is traced, and if anyone knows - please point me that way.

Thanks for replying! :)

The sources for the 100 average americans are as follows. Income figures, U.S. Department of Commerce Publication "What's It Worth?" 100 Average Americans, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, SSA Pub #13-11871, Vernon Publishing.

It is a great story, It really shows a need for advanced planning.

I hope this hleps!

Scott:yes::v_SPIN:

Back