$100 to be certified this year

InsuranceJosh

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
NC
I was going to go ahead and get my training done for 2009 to sell Humana products and they want me to pay $100 for the online class!!! What is up with this?!?!

Good Point, although some agents are appointed with 10 - 20 Medicare Advantage Companies.

It will most likely cut out some of the competion for agents who dont mind spending the money.

I could see how 20 carriers could get a bit expensive... I would think most agents sell 80% of their business with 2-4 carriers though.

I could see how 20 carriers could get a bit expensive... I would think most agents sell 80% of their business with 2-4 carriers though.

No I agree, I guess agents are just confused as to why it costs an insurance company $100 to certify them. Makes no sense. BUt what can we do? Pay it and shut up I guess, lol.

I see both sides of this... But, like you said, we have to play by their rules...

Just got word that they are standardizing the test. So most likely if you take the test once, you are certified to sell with all companies that subscribe to this method.

Interesting.

Just got word that they are standardizing the test. So most likely if you take the test once, you are certified to sell with all companies that subscribe to this method.

Interesting.
I'm told that Aetna, Humana and Wellpoint contract with AHIP. Pyramid will allow you to use your certificate as proof and I heard that Coventry will also (neither are verified).

Yes, you pay once or if you wrote enough in 2008 Aetna will waive the fee.

I think its a great idea and wish every company would use this mode of certifying. $100 and save 20 hours of boredom.

However, you need 90% to pass so that means Ramiz is out of business!

Rick

Back