$15k a Month Production Goal

Nice to meet you

got an offer from independent p&c agency for $30K base guaranteed, and 50% new business and 15& on renewal. however production goal is $15k/month. is this goal attainable? (selling auto and home and occasional life) is it even worth it?

Might help if you mention the product line(s). Also, is $15k annualized premium, earned premium, commission, what?

It all depends on the average premiums in your area. In my area $15k is pretty easy to get in a month. The overall deal doesn't look bad: base salary, new biz commission, and renewals.

I would ask about eventually owning/buying your book and if you qualify for a portion of the profit share bonuses. Compared to some of the offers producers have been posting yours looks really good.

Might help if you mention the product line(s). Also, is $15k annualized premium, earned premium, commission, what?

$15,000 a YEAR in premium? Ya, You couldnt even eat at the dollar menu on that!

:swoon::no:

The overall question should be, how long do you have to reach that goal, must you hit it the first month or your gone? What happens if you dont hit it? What if you take a vacation and miss the numbers? Lots more questions for you to ask....

Its not uncommon for me to get a $5,000 premium a year household, so sometimes, $15K isnt very high.....

$15K a month GWP isn't to hard to do, but you have to actively prospect for it. You won't be able to sluff off.....

In policy terms, this is generally 13-17 policies (about $1K per policy) for most preferred business.

Now, if you are responsible for servicing the book as well, after a few months (maybe a year), the service work can overload you and you'll have a harder time keeping up. I've watched a lot of agents go through this. If policies are serviced in house (at least for the routine stuff), then it won't be a problem.

Dan

Back