16 Multi-Family Apartment Buildings

JohnWalker

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have the opportunity to quote a real estate investor who owns 16 separate multi-family apartment buildings all with over 6+ units each and all in California.

My problem is I can't find a market. He is currently has everything with State Farm and I'd like to change that.

All of the buildings are over 30 years old and do not have hardwired smoke detectors making them ineligible for certain preferred markets.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated?

I can't seem to find a competative preferred market for the risk.

Unless anyone has a suggestion, I'm probably just going to write earthquake and flood on them.

I wasn't telling you to use me. Sorry it came off that way. That was a list of markets that would look at it and was saying call me if you have any questions.

I know here in IN Auto-Owners, Pekin, and Secura will write those. From what I've been told, the profitability just isn't there on those risks. Tons of liability exposure with little premium in comparison. Wish you luck.

Check with crusader ins, Seneca, Mercury, cig. If they are all 6 units, I don't think no hardwired smoke detectors is a big problem.

Back