$175K Progressive Commercial Auto Premium

dahonored1

Expert
A client sent me their progressive Dec page for a fleet of dump trucks, and I thought this should be easy. Apparently no one writes heavy trucks ! Haha the only carrier that writes it is Natgen and they came in at $700K! Anyone know where to go for this?

P&C not my gig. But I used to work with some surplus lines underwriters that handled some oddball P&C risks.

A client sent me their progressive Dec page for a fleet of dump trucks, and I thought this should be easy. Apparently no one writes heavy trucks ! Haha the only carrier that writes it is Natgen and they came in at $700K! Anyone know where to go for this?

There are a few markets, but not many. We are now in a hard market for auto, and heading in that direction for property, at least here in Ca. Work comp is heading for a hard rebound as well, but still a ways off.

Sorry, forgot to mention, this risk is in NY. I dont have a progressive account as I think they're not appointing anymore. I wanted to honestly win the business and not really steal it from someone.

Prime Insurance Company, based in NV(I believe) writes just about anything, but they are going to charge through the nose for it because they are a last resort. As someone else mentioned, a broker is likely going to go to National Indemnity. Also, you need to know what all they are hauling. Here, my direct contracts will write dump trucks all day long that haul sand, rock, and gravel. Anything outside of that, especially coal, becomes a NO GO.

National Indemnity can't touch Progressive. Erie is writing sand and gravel if loss runs are excellent and management is first rate. Just placed one earlier this month in the six figures. Of course getting an Erie contract may be a huge sticking point. If you want a split rather than walking away we might be able to help. I totally understand you wanting it on your own though. Best of luck to you.

Back