18 M NT - Arrested 2 Months Ago

Birdman300

Guru
100+ Post Club
Grandma wants to buy a policy on her G-son.

He was arrested about 2 months ago. Not yet been to court, so not convicted yet, nor sentenced.

Wants about 10-20k on him. I'm a FE agent so I don't really know that many options for <40 types.

Thanks

I don't think there is much for the under 40 going to jail crowd. At least I've found in the past, jail matters to underwriting, maybe not with some, but the few times I've run across situations where jail is a possibly, it's a big no. Sorry.

Let's remember that this young man is innocent until proven guilty. Pick up an Assurity, UCT, Sentinel, LBL, Trans, or SLAICO contract and go write this thing before he goes to court!

Let's remember that this young man is innocent until proven guilty. Pick up an Assurity, UCT, Sentinel, LBL, Trans, or SLAICO contract and go write this thing before he goes to court!

While everyone is innocent until proven guilty, often whether the person is "guilty" is not what the insurance company is asking on its application. Just make sure the application does not ask whether he has been "charged or convicted". If it only asks the question of whether he has been convicted of any crime, then he can probably say no. You may also need to verify that the answer on the application remains true at the time the policy is delivered and placed into force.

While everyone is innocent until proven guilty, often whether the person is "guilty" is not what the insurance company is asking on its application. Just make sure the application does not ask whether he has been "charged or convicted". If it only asks the question of whether he has been convicted of any crime, then he can probably say no. You may also need to verify that the answer on the application remains true at the time the policy is delivered and placed into force.

That.

Simplified Issue. Minimum questions and quick issue.

Mutual of Omaha Accident Only term. They don't even ask. It's guaranteed issue. In case he slips on a bar of soap...

----------

Or National Western. They only ask about felonies.

But always remember there is a agents page to fill out too. If you know something that is pertinent to underwriting, disclose it. A 25k policy is not worth having your contract severed by a carrier.

While life might not pay as well being honest about things, it sure is easier to get through. I would call the underwriter of whom you're thinking of using and just simply ask upfront before you get too far in.

Grandma wants to buy a policy on her G-son.

He was arrested about 2 months ago. Not yet been to court, so not convicted yet, nor sentenced.

Wants about 10-20k on him. I'm a FE agent so I don't really know that many options for <40 types.

Thanks

I have something, at his age there is simple underwriting and felon is not one of the questions

Back