1st OEP went well....but

AgentBartlett

Expert
Now I want to hit the Med Supp market hard through the summer. How do I do that? I wonder if Sales genie would be a good way to go into some of the counties that have bad MA plans and call for Med Supps. I'm a new agent as of 1-1-08 and liking it so far. Mainly, I have been selling MA a few supps and several FE. (Looooooove FE). Any input from the veterans out there? Been lurking around here since before I got licensed and appreciate the good information.

With the popularity of MA's, it seems like sups would die off. The premiums are starting to spike with everything else. There is still plenty of turning 65 as well as those retiring.

There are counties here where the MA's are really bad. Even in the counties with a couple good MA plans you will still find plenty of people who would never go from a supp to a MA.

It's amazing how seniors think. I met with a couple this week (already a reverse mortgage client with my agency) and they pay $5400 a year for supp's and part D premiums.

The MAPD I offered was a very good one and would have saved them $3,000 a year. I overcame every objection and it met their needs ($0 hosp inpatient and outpatient along with $5 doc co-pays). They still have to think about it.

I've had 2 other clients cancel meetings (would have saved each over $1200 a year) without even finding out what we had to offer.

My motto around the office is "seniors suck". Keeps things loose. :D

You should check out the SNPs (both Duel and Chronic Health) in the counties you work in. If there are some available, you can continue to sell MAPD plans.

Even though MAs are so popular, we still sell a ton of Medicare Supplments. Some clients would rather pay for a plan F instead of paying the copays in an MA plan.

The T-65 market is going to be very tough during the lock-in period. I just saw a Humana commercial this morning targeting people turning 65. If you can get good leads for that segment, just know that you will be competing with everyone else.

Spellcop here... it's "Dual", NOT "Duel"! You are not the only one mis-spelling this plan, but it is important to maintain a professional image.:yes:

The MAPD I offered was a very good one and would have saved them $3,000 a year. I overcame every objection and it met their needs

It sounds like you only had ONE objection left "they still had to THINK ABOUT IT"

I came from the water softener business as a Sales Trainer (office and field training). Maybe it's the sales trainer in me, but if you walk out without an order,application, signature, etc., you have not answered ALL the objections to THEIR satisfaction. Maybe the objections were answered to your satisfaction, but you are already sold. Don't mean to sound critical, but maybe it will help in the future.

Whenever my salesmen would tell me about how all the prospects are saying or doing something that makes it impossible to close the deal, I would help them work on their demonstration as if EVERY prospect will always give them the same thing. Worked really well. Helps you think on your feet and tailor your demonstration so you'll virtually never hear that objection again.

Back