1st Post. Sacramento, CA Farmers Agent saying hello

Hello everybody,

This is my first post. I have an insurance agency with my wife in Sacramento, CA. I look forward to meeting other insurance professionals and contributing where I can.

The other 2 forums that I go to are ghost towns. I am looking forward to being a part of an insurance forum that has more than 1 new post per week! I look forward to looking around and getting the feel for this forum.

See you all around!

I've always wondered about Farmers agents. It seems that (at least in Southern California), it is pretty easy to become a Farmers agent. However, their auto and homeowner rates are simplly not competitive.

How are Farmers agents able to compete with a higher priced product and how are you able to generate prospects? Or am I wrong about pricing?

Welcome to the forum.

Rick

I've always wondered about Farmers agents. It seems that (at least in Southern California), it is pretty easy to become a Farmers agent. However, their auto and homeowner rates are simplly not competitive.

How are Farmers agents able to compete with a higher priced product and how are you able to generate prospects? Or am I wrong about pricing?

Welcome to the forum.

Rick

It's true that our Auto rates are high right now in Northern CA, but we have a Homeowners package dubbed 'Next Generation Homeowners Package' that really is quite comprehensive, includes %125 reconstruction cost in the package, $30k identity theft and I always beat competitor home prices.

But then I try to come in with the auto's and they laugh at me. But the rates are like a revolving door, at least that's been my experience w/ Farmers. Rates for different products go up & down all the time. That's what I tell potential clients that I don't close, it keeps the door open for me to call them back in 6 months or so.

It's a grind, but my agency is growing, so I must be doing something right!

Welcome norcalinsurance ... I am also somewhat new to this forum and have found it to be helpful and extremely entertaining (but most Agents are).

HA! Good luck.

Would you lend advice to a recently approved Farmers agent?

Thank you!
Shani
Lansing, MI area

Write commercial, even though Farmers will want you to focus on personal lines. You will not be able to put food on the table writing only personal lines, unless you have a nest egg to draw from.

Don't be afraid of commercial!

Hello everybody,

This is my first post. I have an insurance agency with my wife in Sacramento, CA. I look forward to meeting other insurance professionals and contributing where I can.

The other 2 forums that I go to are ghost towns. I am looking forward to being a part of an insurance forum that has more than 1 new post per week! I look forward to looking around and getting the feel for this forum.

See you all around!

Hello Fellow FIG Agent,

Would like to discuss Marketing ideas with you.

email me at [email protected]

Gary

Back