1st Year FE Agent Q's

GaFeAgent28

So, I have been in the biz since March of 2019.

In that time from March to December (worked only 2 weeks), my submitted and paid was over $110k and my best month was over $21k in AP.

At this level of production, what should my commission level be?

Keep in mind the agency does no trips, no bonuses, no incentives, and I pay for 100% of my leads.

I want to make sure I am not being taken advantage of.

I come from the pharmaceutical industry where I have made over $14k monthly and I am debating on whether or not to stay in the industry.

I was told there would be growth in commission and I would be able to "build" my own team but recruiting and everything would have to be done completely by myself with zero assistance from the agency.

I look forward to the responses.

110% to 125% for consistent producers is competitive. More for agency builders.

I'm up in Chattanooga if you want to reach out to me.

I know of several large organizations based in Georgia that pay sub-par comp and fail at executing on a long-term platform for producer compensation or agency development.

If interested, message me here.

I agree 110-125 depending on company, but GA is not the best states for leads. Make sure you work with an IMO with a proven and recent history of generating fixed cost dm in GA.

So, I have been in the biz since March of 2019.

In that time from March to December (worked only 2 weeks), my submitted and paid was over $110k and my best month was over $21k in AP.

At this level of production, what should my commission level be?

Keep in mind the agency does no trips, no bonuses, no incentives, and I pay for 100% of my leads.

I want to make sure I am not being taken advantage of.

I come from the pharmaceutical industry where I have made over $14k monthly and I am debating on whether or not to stay in the industry.

I was told there would be growth in commission and I would be able to "build" my own team but recruiting and everything would have to be done completely by myself with zero assistance from the agency.

I look forward to the responses.

You can always check your commission levels against what other agencies start new FE agents at. You did decent production but not anything above beginning agent levels. But make sure you started at competitive levels for a new agent. The exact grids can be found here. Final Expense Commission Levels

You can always check your commission levels against what other agencies start new FE agents at. You did decent production but not anything above beginning agent levels. But make sure you started at competitive levels for a new agent. The exact grids can be found here. Final Expense Commission Levels

The $110k is what I have been paid out on. That's with charge backs factored in. I think in total I wrote $130k total. Had it been a full 12 months, I would have submitted over $180k and paid out on $160k which I know is more than decent for beginning agents because I've seen what the top people are writing. The only number that really matters to me is what is in my bank account (not trying to sound rude). It just seems like a lot of people inflated their numbers.

I agree 110-125 depending on company, but GA is not the best states for leads. Make sure you work with an IMO with a proven and recent history of generating fixed cost dm in GA.

They do a great job with leads, I can't complain about that.
I'm just trying to figure out a long term play because right now being a 1099 with what appears to be close to zero room for growth, I don't want to spend the next few years spinning tires.

Back