2-20 License Will Expire on July-August, Help Me Keep It Active!!

manny012988

Hello,

I have been out of the insurance business for 2 years while I attended Nursing School. My last employer (Allstate) terminated my appointment sometime on 2009, around late July, early August.

I want to keep this license active for future sales, ventures and what not. I believe I remember the rulebook saying that to keep a license active it has to be appointed with a P&C company. I just don't recall if Health Insurance Companies are part of that P&C clause.

I have contemplated getting appointed with some independent P&C or Health Ins companies.

The problem is I have never researched this venue, and I lack a lot of knowledge on this field.

If I get appointed with a Health Ins. Company like : Golden Rule (United Healthcare One ) or Assurant.
Will I be able to keep the license active with that appointment???

What companies can I get appointed with to keep my license active?

Please help me here, I am completely lost in these matters, before I would rely on Allstate as my P&C and had peace of mind about anything else when it came down to my license appointment. Now I no longer have that choice.

What can I do?

Additional Information
County: Miami Dade
220 holder since: 2008
Years in insurance sales: 5

Any help here is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your replies and will forever be in your debt for any tips you can provide me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: 2-20 License Will Expire on July-August, Help Me Keep It Acti

my CE is up to date, with just the renewal I can go without being appointed?

thank you for the tips

Ok after further looking into this I saw:

Do I have to renew my Florida license?
No. A Florida license is perpetual, BUT it will expire if it goes for more than 48 months without an appointment.
(link: www[.]myfloridacfo[.]com/agents/licensure/General/index_FAQ[.]htm)

Now, to my other question, would a health Insurance Company qualify as an acceptable appointment to keep my 220 (general Lines) active?

Last edited:
Re: 2-20 License Will Expire on July-August, Help Me Keep It Acti

You do not need a State insurance license in order to receive renewals. I gave up my license for 4 years and still received all of my renewals. I missed the business and got back in last December.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back