2-20 Vs 2-15 Florida | Comparison, Having Fun at It.

ggbh

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Alright...it has been a debate on which license is harder to get & what is harder afterwards. I have taken both. The ones who debate me, have mostly the 2-15. I find the 2-20 harder to test on (which 2-15 disagree with me on the MOST).

State testing-wise, I found the 2-15 easier. It is more 'word' related. The 2-20, is more - what does 'part A' mean in this type of policy & they pick out 3 questions so similar!

Take worker comp. They go way in-depth on detail, levels, etc. with the 2-20. In Health, it is 1 paragraph. I believe I was asked a generic wiki question on it.

So, TESTING-WISE....I find the 2-15 MUCH easier, and those here who say you CAN'T pass on first try are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

Now, the OPPOSITE side of the coin, is in holding both these licenses.

With P&C, I ONLY have to take CE courses. With 2-15, it is continuous testing EVERY AUG-SEPT! Seriously, this is really a pain! On TOP of that, one has to continue with CE courses as well for the 2-15. So, imagine, I do all this to maintain both licenses.

I agree, AFTER TESTING...2-15 is harder to maintain. But the test itself for a 2-20 is still a real &*(^&.

As for selling...I hate auto insurance, but love doing HO3 and commercial. I LOVE selling Health policies. I don't care for life (although they pay a lot...just takes forever with medical tests, etc.).

However, when it comes down to it...I love just taking a poke at the 2-15 licensed only agents I work with. ;):laugh:

Alright...it has been a debate on which license is harder to get & what is harder afterwards. I have taken both. The ones who debate me, have mostly the 2-15. I find the 2-20 harder to test on (which 2-15 disagree with me on the MOST).

State testing-wise, I found the 2-15 easier. It is more 'word' related. The 2-20, is more - what does 'part A' mean in this type of policy & they pick out 3 questions so similar!

Take worker comp. They go way in-depth on detail, levels, etc. with the 2-20. In Health, it is 1 paragraph. I believe I was asked a generic wiki question on it.

So, TESTING-WISE....I find the 2-15 MUCH easier, and those here who say you CAN'T pass on first try are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

Now, the OPPOSITE side of the coin, is in holding both these licenses.

With P&C, I ONLY have to take CE courses. With 2-15, it is continuous testing EVERY AUG-SEPT! Seriously, this is really a pain! On TOP of that, one has to continue with CE courses as well for the 2-15. So, imagine, I do all this to maintain both licenses.

I agree, AFTER TESTING...2-15 is harder to maintain. But the test itself for a 2-20 is still a real &*(^&.

As for selling...I hate auto insurance, but love doing HO3 and commercial. I LOVE selling Health policies. I don't care for life (although they pay a lot...just takes forever with medical tests, etc.).

However, when it comes down to it...I love just taking a poke at the 2-15 licensed only agents I work with. ;):laugh:

I have both licenses and thought the 2-15 was harder because I was already working in the P&C industry. I had no life experience at the time of the test.

While I am wrapping up with my carrier testing for the L&H...I have decided to get a notary license. I feel strongly that come the future, this will be handy for verifications with the government.

With that said, I also think I want to continue with my licensing. I've been told not to, and focus on just health. We have a very successful business on this.

On the other hand, I was beaten, abused and slapped on the 2008 recession (that I call a depression), and worked too hard to re-climb. I FEEL from my experience, that EVERY business needs a fall back. Insurance businesses can't just be only one line of business.

While riding the wave of this health, I also predict in 8 years a certain decline due to changes in system. I'd rather be prepared now, making my life easier the older I grow.

What's your thoughts?

You should go ahead and get your 220, I predict in 3 years you will see the decline in health. Do it before you get too old. I have had mine several years and I thought it was 4 times harder than the 215, but my agency never followed through with bringing P&C on. Even to this day they live way in the past. I have said since ACA we should also be in the P&C business. So do it now and not fast enough.

Last edited:
Back