$2 Life Leads

Sti, I went with SRC too. Have sent out direct mailers and called over 100 of my leads and either no one is interested when I call and no one did any surveys. I am sure the mailers went right into the garbage can. Let me know how it turns out for you with the refund. I paid $500 for 300 leads with a guarantee of $1600 on each batch of 100.

This is all beginning to sound familiar.

Seems like a local GA I was working with 3, maybe 4 yrs ago, had a similar deal. Same kind of thing. Cheap life leads through ValPak (or something similar). Can't recall exactly, but I believe he bought maybe 1000 leads and resold them at his cost to his sub-agents in 100 lots.

I called, and called and called. Bunch of disconnected numbers, never requested, dead (or close to death) and quite a few very angry people.

He refunded my money. Can't recall if he got his back or not.

As far as I know, nobody sold anything in that deal (other than the lead company of course).

500 FREE Life Insurance Leads!

When I started my career with MetLife in 1993, my agency manager gave me five hundred free leads. It was a list of 500 people who had purchased a home one year prior. He told me get on the phone and offer them a life insurance plan to pay off that home if they died.

It actually worked as I sold life insurance - but it burned me out completely as I burned up the phone line day after day. I cannot imagine attempting that today.

Back