20 Pay Whole Life Products in Kentucky

DarenMC83

Expert
I manage an independent insurance agency in the state of Kentucky. We have a 20 pay product, but would like to have another option. We DO NOT do third party contracting. Any options for TRUE independent contracting in KY?

Thanks!!

I'd opt for Penn Mutual or Mass Mutual.

Ohio National's div and values are in the toilet since their VA debacle. On their 20pay your CV would probably be lucky to be 15% higher than premiums paid by year 20.

One America also has a 20pay and you can contract direct. Not sure how it looks.

Ohio National's product value is in the preferred loan structure in retirement rather than the highest cash values.
Is that how they are positioning it now? Save a small % on potential loan interest down the road, rather than have substantially more in CV growth and 40% higher supplemental income payout??
ON Non-guaranteed CV is about equal to some of the stronger companies guaranteed CV. I hope they bounce back, I like them and have clients with them.

It's not necessarily the loan interest, but the retirement income cash flow against the policy.

This was from the head of product development at Ohio National. While it's specifically talking about Prestige Max III, I believe it can similarly be said for their 10 & 20-pay policies.

This isn't for the public, but for agent use only (if that).Ohio National - Designed for Efficiency - Prestige Max III.png

Well you can run the numbers and see for yourself, or believe what they want you to believe. Penn will spit out 40% more cash flow income in retirement than PMAX 3, even with higher loan interest.

Depending on the focus of the sale, Ohio National might not be a bad option. The current financial problem they are in concerning the bath they are taking on annuities isn't great, but I suspect they'll continue to hold dividend performance as high as a they can for whole life insurance.

Smaller death benefit focused sales will likely be fine and most of those potential buyer are unlikely to care much about squeezing out a few hundred (maybe thousand) dollars more on a meticulously designed whole life policy from the likes of Penn Mutual, MassMutual, Guardian, etc.

The PPGA approach to contracting could be helpful, and they tend to turn around new business rather quickly. I would have a back up to them if you think you're going to handle a lot of $1mm plus death benefit cases or sales where the client is specifically looking to overfund a policy for supplemental retirement income.

Depending on the focus of the sale, Ohio National might not be a bad option. The current financial problem they are in concerning the bath they are taking on annuities isn't great, but I suspect they'll continue to hold dividend performance as high as a they can for whole life insurance.

Smaller death benefit focused sales will likely be fine and most of those potential buyer are unlikely to care much about squeezing out a few hundred (maybe thousand) dollars more on a meticulously designed whole life policy from the likes of Penn Mutual, MassMutual, Guardian, etc.

The PPGA approach to contracting could be helpful, and they tend to turn around new business rather quickly. I would have a back up to them if you think you're going to handle a lot of $1mm plus death benefit cases or sales where the client is specifically looking to overfund a policy for supplemental retirement income.

back on the forum for good .. or are you going back to lurking?

Back