2009 Health Insurance Ratings

True - but that also makes any kind of lead service comparison impossible. One agent who simply is on top of it will blow out an agent who's not.

The only way to get a basic gauge of the most basic of quality of by how many answer. The "opportunity" to speak to more people means the opportunity for more sales. Remember, on Leadpod a transfer is when someone wants to speak with an agent.

It's not perfect, but what if after a sampling for 50 leads from three services these were the results:

ABC Leads: 50 leads, 15 answers 10 transfers
DEF Leads: 50 leads, 8 answers, 3 transfers
XYZ Leads: 50 leads, 5 answers, 1 transfer

Just based on that data alone we can ascertain that XYZ leads are far less quality.

I have used most of the companies listed by Chumps and I would have to agree with his observation. One company that i used was called Benepath. They were the absolute worst leads I have ever used!

I have used most of the companies listed by Chumps and I would have to agree with his observation. One company that i used was called Benepath. They were the absolute worst leads I have ever used!

I don't disagree with you, however, this can depend on your State. I've used Benepath in Florida and the ROI was always there for me.

Other agents have not been so happy as I was in other States, but I think this rings true for all lead sources.

Dan...I'm a tough grader. I probably expect too much from these companies.

Actually, I don't think it takes a tough grader, its a bit of reality. A few years ago, agents working internet leads was a bit of a novelty, now it's seen by a lot of agents as the only way to get prospects.

Demand for the limited number of good leads is high, so lead companies (which are coming out of the woodwork) fill the volume demand, but leave the quality demand with a huge gap.

There is a secret sauce to making internet leads work and to have them be profitable. Figuring out the right recipe to make your own secret sauce can take a while. One of the many ingredients of the sauce is the actual lead from the lead company. The system you use to pursue, track, and cultivate that lead are some of the other parts.

This thread is about lead companies, something we all love to 'blame' when the ROI isn't over 3000% (and probably even if it is). There could be a thread about agents followup systems and how well those work, it would probably be a more painful discussion, but more fruitful to agents. Of course, then we would have to blame ourselves for not working our system, and that isn't so much fun ;)

Dan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never heard of Vimo for leads.

Vimo was pretty highly touted on this forum for a while. Apparently, their volume demand increased, rumor has it quality has decreased.

I heard Netquotes was not that good?

Try a few. Netquote is a solid company, though they vary in quality. Like most agents, I have a few hundred old netquote leads laying around somewhere... Of course, I haven't used them in about 18 months, with little desire to start them up again. In my area (Bay Area, CA), the leads are WAY oversold. They average 2.35 agents per lead (whatever they claim now), but around me, its MUCH higher than that.

Dan

Last edited:
They average 2.35 agents per lead (whatever they claim now), but around me, its MUCH higher than that.

Where is the Most Choice guy when you need him - NQ selling a lead 2.35 times, I agree I am rolling on the floor laughing.

Maybe to 2.35 other lead companies, then to 8 agents. Varies by market of course.

InsureMe Formerly Insurance Shopping Network. Similar to Netquote although not as much volume. Do they resell leads? It appears they have a "partner relationship" with ProspectZone, which should be of grave concern. Credit policy is immediate and fair. Base cost of leads is fair, but addition of filters raises their price to uncompetitive levels. EHealth quite prominent when customers receive emails.

Insureme has changed for better and worse in the last few months. The lead quality is the same, but the credit policy is more strictly interpreted. You say that they have a partnership arrangement with PZ, but I ask every lead that I speak with, how many other assholes have called them, and the number has fallen considerably.

Insureme is the only purchased lead source that I use these days. I've used leadco in the past, and the leads were decent, but dealing with them was kind of strange.

Last edited:
You say that they have a partnership arrangement with PZ, but I ask every lead that I speak with, how many other assholes have called them, and the number has fallen considerably.

LOL... Is that how you word it?

Too funny.

Back