2009 Health Insurance Ratings

Re: 2009 Health Insurance Leads Ratings

Hello there,
I am making a pleasant assumption that you did not list our company because we are too good to be true - in statistical term an "outlier"? :)
Cheers!
Monti Ray
Bestinsleads.com

A few changes in this year's ratings. Instead of using my personal experiences, I used many people's comments and input (from 14 different states). Thus, I may personally disagree with some of the generalized comments, but the majority rules.

Companies are listed in alphabetical order and I tried to stay away from comparing one company to another. Also...keep in mind that the comments posted are OPINIONS of many brokers and should not be construed (or misconstrued) with scientific factual data.

ASAP Based in Texas, this relatively small company claims their leads are search-engine driven only. They say they do not use affiliates, but have "key partners" they do business with. Mumbo jumbo? Maybe... maybe not. Their quality seems above average and credit policy is in line with most others. Very early to gage them at this point, but they get a passing grade.

Benepath Some brokers swear by Benepath. Some brokers swear at Benepath. Not a lot of data that I had to use on them. Does the checkered past of the CEO make a difference? Maybe not. Exclusive leads, but pricey. Maybe next year, I'll have more information on this company.

HometownQuotes A mysterious company to rate. Most brokers who use them have relatively little to say...good or bad. Lead quality seems to be diminishing and the pesky EHealth link is quite prominent (or, at least it used to be). Credit policy is average and volume will fluctuate. If you decide to use them, start very slow.

InsureMe Formerly Insurance Shopping Network. Similar to Netquote although not as much volume. Do they resell leads? It appears they have a "partner relationship" with ProspectZone, which should be of grave concern. Credit policy is immediate and fair. Base cost of leads is fair, but addition of filters raises their price to uncompetitive levels. EHealth quite prominent when customers receive emails.

Leadco An innovative company that offers, in most cases. quality leads. Oddly, most brokers seem satisfied with Leadco, but don't buy a high volume of leads from them. Their target is NOT the self-employed, despite what is stated on their website. Credit policy is among the best in the business and customer service responses are generally quick, despite some recent blips.

MostChoice Perhaps the most talked-about lead company on the Forum these last few months. Brokers don't seem to like MostChoice (most, that is). And the $500 upfront fee scares away many other brokers. A small sampling of results indicates those that tried MostChoice did not stay long. In fairness, small samples can be deceiving. Sometimes.

NetQuote Quantity is never a problem with them. In many states, you can expect up to 25 leads per day, unless you reduce your target area. Quality seems to be a concern. Major usage of affiliates, and often up to eight brokers receive the lead. Credit policy is fair and customer service is generally responsive. As I have said many times..."Some of the best leads and some of the worst leads come from Netquote."

ProspectZone Nearly unanimous that their shared leads are very low quality. Their exclusive leads are a bit better, but most brokers still shy away from them. It's fairly clear that Norvax has a great product...but lead-generation is not their forte. Speaking of other Chicago based entities such as Matt Forte... Thumbs down for PZ.

QuotesAuction Not a big sampling with this company but generally below average comments. Leads are fair in quality and are sometimes oversold. Nothing stands out with this company and repeat business is low.

Vimo A lot more people use Vimo than I realized. Similar to Netquote, some leads are excellent, and others must have been searching "free health insurance for the disabled." Volume seems to shift, depending on the month. Credit policy is above average. Customer Service is generally done via email. They say they cap the number of brokers who receive the leads at four. Many brokers disagree with that assertion. Overall though, not a bad option.

Zipsearch Definitely a common denominator here. "I used to use them" is what most brokers said. Results seemed to be mixed, but lead quality and ROI were major concerns that were apparently not taken care of.

Lead companies not rated because sample size was less than three: AllWeb leads, InsuranceLeadz & Preciseleads.com

Healthleads.com appears to be out of business.

Monti...Actually nobody I spoke to was currently using your services. But personally, I am always curious about any lead company I am not familiar with.

Hopefully, some Forum members will post their opinions about your company.

Spellcheck was used in this post.

I just checked the site...

"We may also find loans for you to pay for leads, and grow the business."

"Most of the lead companies send same lead up to 9 insurance agents, if they can. This results unhappy customers getting same insurance quotes from multiple agents."

"For a short period of time, the setup fee of $500 is reduced to $29"

I used their leads about a year ago. No better, no worse, than what I got from other vendors. Price was something like $13 a lead and no filters.

I was paying $8 with filters, including a filter for currently insured.

Their credit policy was OK, but nothing great. Contact ratio wasn't any better, or worse, than other sources.

Looks like I got about 80 leads less credits. Quick eyeball probably nets out around 70. I wrote 3 apps.

So I spent about $900 to make around $1500.

The ROI was too low to make it worth continuing.

Monti...Actually nobody I spoke to was currently using your services. But personally, I am always curious about any lead company I am not familiar with.
Hopefully, some Forum members will post their opinions about your company.
Spellcheck was used in this post.

I used them two or three years ago.
Their leads are ok, however I found that I could get the same quality for less money elsewhere.

"We may also find loans for you to pay for leads, and grow the business."

As our friends in the "Italian business community" might say, who's runnin' the "shy" on this?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quick eyeball probably nets out around 70. I wrote 3 apps. So I spent about $900 to make around $1500.

Maybe time to click here?

Last edited:
Back