2009 Humana Delegated Agent MA Compensation Plan

mcday

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just downloaded the .pdf from Humana. Here are the highlights:

First Year Initial Sale - All MA Plans $320 paid first month ($13.33 per month years 2to6)

First Year Replacment - $160 paid first month ($13.33 per month years 2to6)

PDP - $50 paid first month ($25 annual renewal)

*** Download the .pdf from the agent portal for a full explanation.

Last edited:
I dropped my exclusive affiliation with them for MA plans today and went back to total independent agent. The commissions are disappointing at best.

In part of the area I work they are the only MA that includes a very good regional major hospital and Drs associated with that hospital in their PPO. I sell it only when that is important to my existing clients. There is a lot of business I could move their way, but after this fiasco, it will only be when absolutely necessary for the client. To not sell it is to push these clients into the arms of a Humana employee agent who is not going to give them any other options, ever.

Last edited:
In part of the area I work they are the only MA that includes a very good regional major hospital and Drs associated with that hospital in their PPO. I sell it only when that is important to my existing clients. Their is a lot of business I could move their way, but after this fiasco, it will only be when absolutely necessary for the client. To not sell it is to push these clients into the arms of a Humana employee agent who is not going to give them any other options, ever.

Good for you, Chuck. You are doing the right thing for your client.

For my part, I am selling Coventry to replace every Humana client I can!

Good for you, Chuck. You are doing the right thing for your client.

For my part, I am selling Coventry to replace every Humana client I can!

Metoo.

As far as selling over the phone. I think that should be against the rules, if it is not already. Telemarketing health care and in particular Medicare is to negate the benefit of having an agent. We are already headed that way due to regulation and to promote it or use it as a marketing method only validates the decrease in commissions we are seeing this year.

Back