2010 AARP Medicare Supplement Plans

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I just went through the training online to be able to sell the AARP Medicare supplement plans starting 6-1-10. It was very interesting.

The plans that AARP will offer starting in June are Plans A, B, C, F, K, L and N. I was suprised to see that their not offering Plan M. In some states they will now be offering a Plan C and F select plan.

In some states they will now have smoker and non smoker rates

Starting in June for those age 65 1/2-67 they will have to answer additional health questions. They say 2 health questions, but they've added quite a bit more than just their usual do you have end stage kidney disease. It looks like their going to make it a little harder to qualify.

There's still no clarification if the $20 copays under Plan N are subject to the Part B deductible. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Hope this info is helpful. After you go through the training you have a test that consists of 15 questions, fairly easy.

Health questions are....Question 1: Do you have end stage renal disease, kidney dialysis, kidney failure or have you been hospitalized within the last 90 days. Question 2 was a little more detailed, they wanted to know about cancer surgery, joint replacement, heart surgery and a few others. I can't remember - it doesn't ask about diabetics

Last edited:
Based on the most current information I have, they will still have to pay the "up to a $20 copay" regardless of whether or not they have met their Part B deductible. However, since no company has put anything in writing yet I am not going to make any kind of definitive statement.

I don't anticipate Plan M to be a "big seller". It only pays 50% of the Part A deductible and will be the higher priced of the two new plans. Seniors do not frequently go to the hospital. They do, however, go to the doctor all the time. With some, it seems to be their hobby. haha

Plan N may very well be one of the most popular plans especially in large metro areas where I anticipate Plan N to be very competitive with many of the existing HMO's.

I just went through the training online to be able to sell the AARP Medicare supplement plans starting 6-1-10. It was very interesting.

The plans that AARP will offer starting in June are Plans A, B, C, F, K, L and N. I was suprised to see that their not offering Plan M. In some states they will now be offering a Plan C and F select plan.

In some states they will now have smoker and non smoker rates

Starting in June for those age 65 1/2-67 they will have to answer additional health questions. They say 2 health questions, but they've added quite a bit more than just their usual do you have end stage kidney disease. It looks like their going to make it a little harder to qualify.

There's still no clarification if the $20 copays under Plan N are subject to the Part B deductible. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Hope this info is helpful. After you go through the training you have a test that consists of 15 questions, fairly easy.

Health questions are....Question 1: Do you have end stage renal disease, kidney dialysis, kidney failure or have you been hospitalized within the last 90 days. Question 2 was a little more detailed, they wanted to know about cancer surgery, joint replacement, heart surgery and a few others. I can't remember - it doesn't ask about diabetics

I was surprised they added an additional health question, with multiple conditions related to that question....plus the smoker, non-smoker rates. Interested to see what their rates are in Florida and Alabama. Also surprised they won't be offering all of the modernized plans.

Oh yeah, I miraculously made a 100 on the 15 question test.:laugh:

I made 100 also :)

The extra health questions that they'll be asking is abit disappointing. It was nice having a plan that only asked one health question (for those 65-67 or within 3 years of enrolling into Part B)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
thanks for the response Frank about the Part B deductible and Plan N, that makes sense....I hope you're right

Last edited:
Back