2014 Medicare Advantage Certification Questions

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Since the certifications are time consuming, do you wait to see the available plans for 2014 before you do your certifications?

If you wait, does this give you enough time to do your marketing prior to the start of AEP?

When will 2014 plan details be available?

Thanks!

Since the certifications are time consuming, do you wait to see the available plans for 2014 before you do your certifications?

If you wait, does this give you enough time to do your marketing prior to the start of AEP?

When will 2014 plan details be available?

Thanks!

I wish I could wait to see the plan designs. Then I could just certify with the plans that I will sell. This has been my complaint for years. I just go ahead and certify with the major players early and then add any other carriers as needed.

Some carriers have released some basic info for review. But they aren't required to release anything until October 1st.

I wish I could wait to see the plan designs. Then I could just certify with the plans that I will sell. This has been my complaint for years. I just go ahead and certify with the major players early and then add any other carriers as needed.

Some carriers have released some basic info for review. But they aren't required to release anything until October 1st.

That is what I thought. It seems I could do all these certifications and then there is nothing attractive to sell in my area.

I was called on at a Humana meeting with this same question. I said "We get approved and find out what we approved to sell later"

At least if you certify, and the plans are not very solid, you know what the key points to replace them are when you find out the final benefits from everyone. See a lot of people wait til last minute, then can t do all the certs for everyone in time

The good news is once you have gone through all the redundant B.S., all of this will be easier next year and all the years after. I flew through certs this year, well at least as fast as they would let me in order to get to the test.

Back