2015 MAPD Commission Question

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
It may still be undecided. But, has anyone heard if these companies will pay a lump sum renewal for the entire year of 2015 in advance or strictly "as earned " renewals per month?

It may still be undecided. But, has anyone heard if these companies will pay a lump sum renewal for the entire year of 2015 in advance or strictly "as earned " renewals per month?

Are you talking about for new enrollments when switching from one plan to another or just someone renewing on the same plan? If the latter, that's the way it currently works with all the carriers I work with.

Its suppose to be lump sum based on the remainder of months left in the year, and then as earned starting in january.

----------

The big and most important question is, is cms gonna cut our commission for each mapd from about $200/ year to $140/year with every company as a mandate? Even our renewals. Theyre suppose to have a final decision tomorrow. Has ANYONE got an update on this?

Its suppose to be lump sum based on the remainder of months left in the year, and then as earned starting in january.

----------

The big and most important question is, is cms gonna cut our commission for each mapd from about $200/ year to $140/year with every company as a mandate? Even our renewals. Theyre suppose to have a final decision tomorrow. Has ANYONE got an update on this?

Didn't even know about it. Here in Texas, plans are pro-rated monthly, you're not referring to this are you?

No I'm referring to the agent commission cuts proposed by cms in february, with a final word tomorrow april 7. You'll lose about $60 on EACH client starting in 2015 if this goes through. Has anyone got an update?

Three of my carriers pay "lump sum"- Healthspring in Tex & Blue Shield and HealthNet in Calif. I guess that I was just hoping they might soften the blow from the pro-rated commissions. One can hope.

Yes.Healthspring paid lump sum this January for renewals.hopefully it'll stay the same next year. my main concern is the 30% agent commission reduction they might hit us with. I'm hoping this won't happen.

Back