2015 Medicare Advantage Plans

charleszubrod

Expert
Planning for the upcoming season and this is my first year selling MA plans. When should I expect to start seeing information about plans (premium,Moop, etc)? Any suggestions for planning. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.

Probably start getting some teasers from FMO's this summer and then some sneak peek's of benefits in August or so.

If my memory serves me correctly I've seen MA and PDP benefits as early as July, but August is probably more realistic. As far as planning I recommend going to the link below to see where 2014 MA, SNP, PDP plans are available, pricing, MOOP, etc. It's not going to tell you everything about the plan, but it's a good start. I also recommending going to Medicare's website (Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare and click on Find health & drug plans) to do comparisons with people's prescriptions listed as well.

Prescription Drug Coverage - General Information - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

The timing depends on when the MAPD plans receive final approval from CMS. It may be some time in August when CMS provides approval for the plans.

Back