2015 Treasury Rules 25% of IRAs

jmhalvo

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My FMO is rolling out a deferred income annuity related to the new rules. What are your thoughts on how these rules and products can help our clients moving forward?

Were you selling DIAs before the ruling (non qual) because not much has changed on that front...it is still "longevity insurance" or a simple way to create a pension-like income.

I feel that it's an interesting solution for those who don't need the rmds today but will likely need income in the future.

The ruling benefited the carriers offering these products more than anyone since now they're viable in IRAs.

If you liked DIAs before, this only makes them look more attractive. If you didn't, than I can't see delaying RMDs as the sole reason to buy one (after all, unless you live long enough to begin income, you've given up all of the returns that asset could have made).

AGs product goes live on Monday...

My FMO is rolling out a deferred income annuity related to the new rules. What are your thoughts on how these rules and products can help our clients moving forward?

I think this is a good opportunity for advisors. DIA's can do a good job in terms of both income and delaying RMD's. Obviously, it's not ideal for everyone, so each situation will be different.

Back