2016 Indiv Renewal & Subsidy

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
If a policy owner of a 2015 individual exchange plan decides to auto-renew on the 2016 version of the same plan (if it's still offered):

1) do they automatically keep the same income/subsidy information?

2) if they need to update their income is their an easy way to do so on Health Sherpa?

Personally, I would do a plan review with every client to determine if the plan that they had was still providing them the benefits that they need.

This would also give you an opportunity to see if other products you have in your portfolio would be of benefit (life, MedSup, Dental, Accident, CI, Cancer...).

1) Yes.
2) I can't help you there.

If a policy owner of a 2015 individual exchange plan decides to auto-renew on the 2016 version of the same plan (if it's still offered):

1) do they automatically keep the same income/subsidy information?

2) if they need to update their income is their an easy way to do so on Health Sherpa?

1. Yes, but if it any of their info changes (family composition, address, income, etc.) it can impact later of course.

2. No idea on them though can say ACAExpress.com will be able to handle CIC (Change In Circumstance), enroll in new plan, etc.

Last year with ACA Express as well as on other web broker platforms we could look up the old 2014 application but we had to call HC.gov on a three way call in order to open the application and begin the new one for 2015 or the client was prompted to log into their account. From what you are saying it seems that we will be able to do a change of circumstances right from the ACA Express site without the extra step of logging onto the clients account or calling HC.gov. You can correct me if I am wrong.

Last year with ACA Express as well as on other web broker platforms we could look up the old 2014 application but we had to call HC.gov on a three way call in order to open the application and begin the new one for 2015 or the client was prompted to log into their account. From what you are saying it seems that we will be able to do a change of circumstances right from the ACA Express site without the extra step of logging onto the clients account or calling HC.gov. You can correct me if I am wrong.

that is correct.

Back