2016 Medicare A and B Deductibles and Costs?

j10

Expert
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but have the changes for 2016 original Medicare A and B been released yet? I checked the Medicare and You booklet and they don't specify deductibles and I've been on Medicare.gov for 45 minutes looking. Any help?:1baffled:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but have the changes for 2016 original Medicare A and B been released yet? I checked the Medicare and You booklet and they don't specify deductibles and I've been on Medicare.gov for 45 minutes looking. Any help?:1baffled:
Nothing announced yet; should happen this month.

Thanks. I just feel bad for people turning 65 in January and they don't even have how it's going to work available to them, then. haha

Thanks. I just feel bad for people turning 65 in January and they don't even have how it's going to work available to them, then. haha

It's never out this early. I thought I remember finding out one year in mid November

Yikes! At least I don't have to feel silly not knowing until then, now. Appreciate it.

There is all kinds of chaos going on with the Part B premium since there is no Social Security COLA.

I am thinking late this month we should know something...

I sat with a client yesterday as she signed up online for Medicare/Social Security benefits. She was going to do it for 1/1/16, but with the possibility of those "not drawing Social Security" seeing a 50% Part B premium increase for 2016, I discussed with her she could consider starting it in the month she turns 65, 12/1/15. She would already be drawing Social Security in 2015, which would hopefully avoid the increase, if passed. She decided that was best.

I sat with a client yesterday as she signed up online for Medicare/Social Security benefits. She was going to do it for 1/1/16, but with the possibility of those "not drawing Social Security" seeing a 50% Part B premium increase for 2016, I discussed with her she could consider starting it in the month she turns 65, 12/1/15. She would already be drawing Social Security in 2015, which would hopefully avoid the increase, if passed. She decided that was best.

What was the reasoning behind even thinking about not signing up for a 12/1/15 effective in the 1st place?

There is all kinds of chaos going on with the Part B premium since there is no Social Security COLA.

I am thinking late this month we should know something...

Not really chaos. It does look like there will be no cola increase so there can't be an increase in the part B premium for those already on Medicare.

They might increase it for the people new to medicare?

Back