2016 Part B Premium Is...

All the stabilization of closed books of business change when the deductible goes up does. This little inch up in the deductible is only the beginning, there will be more raises, companies cannot just take these hits. I know it's a small increase for one client, but if you have thousands on the book, that adds up!

I just put someone on a plan F this week. I tried to get them on the N but they didn't want it. G cost more than a F so that's no option. F it is

I was in a meeting with an FMO couple weeks ago and from what he has been hearing the Part B deductible will be over $2000 by 2020. Government wanted to get it close to that this year but didn't do it because of election year coming up. He said the F plan premiums will also skyrocket because they have to absorb this plus it will be a closed block of business. For me it is still all F plans because the only competitive G in our area is the Mutual of Omaha and we all know where that premium will go in a couple years.

I will keep writing the F Plan because we all know how quickly they can change the regulations at 3:30 A.M. as we all sleep. I will worry about 2020 in 2019. The people I have put on G over the years and get their increases now have a high premium and a deductible and are pissed.

I was in a meeting with an FMO couple weeks ago and from what he has been hearing the Part B deductible will be over $2000 by 2020. Government wanted to get it close to that this year but didn't do it because of election year coming up. He said the F plan premiums will also skyrocket because they have to absorb this plus it will be a closed block of business. For me it is still all F plans because the only competitive G in our area is the Mutual of Omaha and we all know where that premium will go in a couple years. I will keep writing the F Plan because we all know how quickly they can change the regulations at 3:30 A.M. as we all sleep. I will worry about 2020 in 2019. The people I have put on G over the years and get their increases now have a high premium and a deductible and are pissed.

Part B premium at $2k in 4 years. Please tell me you meant to type $200 or that guy is smoking too much

Sorry, he must have been smoking. He has been talking to a lot of companies and that is what he is hearing. Seniors are gonna have to start cost sharing a lot more according to them. I was surprised too and someone even asked him to clarify and he did.

Here's some factors that will force higher cost sharing:
-Raiding the trust funds
-Estimating how long assets will last with faulty economic projections
-Higher inflation in the healthcare sector
-Doctor's wanting to get paid more (goes somewhat with inflation)
-Higher drug costs from drug treaties like TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership)

With a fraction of the workforce ready to support the tsunami of retirees, Medicare beneficiaries will have no option but to pay higher cost sharing going forward.

I don;t sell med sup, but wondering why they are getting rid of plan F? Just because its so close to G? TIA

NEED HELP- I wanna make sure I got this down correctly....

The Medicare Part B premium increase ONLY affects those starting Medicare after Jan 1, 2016 or those on it now but not collecting SS ret, right? The Part B deductible ($166), however, affects everyone on a supp plan... is that right??

Back