2018 MA and PDP Plans

Speaking of winning, have I been missing the "view all months" button on the medicare.gov drug cost page? Just noticed it a few days ago. I am afraid to ask, but how long has that option been there?

Don't feel bad Bob, I only recently noticed it too. That format is much easier for the client to understand. I just hate that I've already run a lot of comparisons the old fashioned way. Probably want go back and redo those.

The view all months option makes it easier to talk to clients about deductibles, the donut hole, etc.

Thanks for confirming it is new. I was afraid it had been there for years and I just missed it.

The view all months option makes it easier to talk to clients about deductibles, the donut hole, etc.

Thanks for confirming it is new. I was afraid it had been there for years and I just missed it.

I wasn't confirming it is new. Only that I recently noticed it. But I sure hope it's new. I don't want to think I've just run 250 comparisons and that was there the entire time.

I wasn't confirming it is new. Only that I recently noticed it. But I sure hope it's new. I don't want to think I've just run 250 comparisons and that was there the entire time.

What are you guys talking about here exactly ?

Plan results
choose a plan
Scroll to estimated monthly drug costs
Click view a more detailed explanation of these costs
Upper right hand corner
click view all months button

What are you guys talking about here exactly ?

What LD said. Once you click "Compare Plans" and the comparison page comes up, scroll down to the section titled:

Estimated Monthly Drug Costs

You'll see the list of months (1 through 12). After month 12 you will see "Monthly Drug Costs Estimator". Under that you see a bar graph. Under the bar graph you will see these words:

View monthly drug cost details by selected drugs

Click on that and it will bring up a page that shows the plans in the comparison. on that page if you click "View all Months" you will then see the cost of each medication for each month. It's much easier for the client to understand.

So far that is 3 people, 4 counting Lost, who say they have never seen this feature before. Glad to know I haven't been running reports for years and missed it.

Can an agent sue the people running Medicare.gov....if it's information available to the consumer to be taken as gospel, wouldn't it also apply to anyone else (i.e. agents?). Ran a 12 drug plan search, and the costs....month to month, etc didn't include every plan first of all. The costs, especially for insulins (Humalog and Toujeo) were way off.
Went to the specific plan's site (UHC Preferred Rx, fyi), and their cost per this plan's site were 1/2 the cost. Lady I sat with almost blew her cork when she saw the info from Medicare.gov. And was starting to get angry, at me no less.
Just wondering if anybody has ever compared that data vs individual plan's data. This is insane y'all!

You can sue anyone.

I am having a fit with Rx reports as well. Couple of clients called SilverScript (carrier they had) to check 2018 copay's against what Mcare showed.

SS drug total was 20% below the Mcare total on one and 30% less with another client.

And FYI, insulin and pens vary considerably from plan to plan and pharmacy to pharmacy.

I believe there are 24 plans in Georgia this year. I barely have time to run, and in some cases, rerun reports for clients much less checking formularies from the carriers.

I run the report. Send it to the client with a recommendation and suggest they call the carrier to verify prices before making the switch.

Still had a few that wanted to argue with me.

One of the SS drugs was not on the formulary according to Mcare but SS told her it was covered at tier 4.

She actually called the other two carriers who supposedly beat SS on total cost then emailed me her calculations to prove I was wrong and she was right to stay with SS.

Back