2018 Sales Suggestions?

Harry Truman

Long time lurker here

I intend to make some changes to my activities for 2018 and came here to read up. So many directions mentioned its hard to sort through them. FMOs offering "websites" like Medicareful; T65 mailings (which I've tried a few ways and never had them work); Medicare 101 meetings; Med Supps via phone and on and on!

The other broker I work AEP with and I intended to; DM for DSNPs to low income complexes; DM for Med Sups to High end complexes, mix in FE DM.

Headed off for a ten day vacation--would like to hear what you're KILLING it with and give it some thought while lying on the beach!

PM if you'd rather not post and THANKS

161 views and NO ONE has anything that works they want to share?
I love this message. Let me translate:

I’ve hung around here a long time taking ideas from others but contributing nothing. Now I’d like to reveal myself by joining this forum yesterday and today I would like everyone to tell me how to improve my business by sharing your very best, KILLER ideas while I go vacation continuing to contribute nothing. And NO ONE has anything to share? Really?!

Hey Harry, you know where the buck stops. You’ll figure it out.

Last edited:
I love this message. Let me translate:

"I’ve hung around here a long time taking ideas from others but contributing nothing."--so you are aware where this guy has been the last five years? And what he does or doesnt do? And what he WILL do in the future? And he DID state what he plans to do for 2018

"by sharing your very best, KILLER ideas while I go vacation continuing to contribute nothing."---and I think you guaranteed NO ONE is gonna share ANYTHING with you. Clearly you have nothing to teach. Temper tantrums Ive seen

The juvenile anger and petulance that drives this kind of disjointed attack on someone basically standing on the corner asking directions is disconcerting. Nothing to add, nothing to gain, just spewing anger and bile on total strangers

Remember the Carlin joke--"Somewhere in the world--there is the WORLDS WORST DOCTOR. The bad part is--someone has an appointment to see him"

Can you imagine a Senior member of your family getting talked into an appointment with this raging bull?

Internet tough guy

Now that is some first post. Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunate that you missed it, but my reply was to the OP’s second post in this thread, not his first. Asking for ideas from others, as in Harry Truman’s first post, is common here and never prompted a negative reply by me, and sometimes even a helpful one. Chiding us for not responding to the first request, however, is not like the guy on the corner asking for directions—as in your analogy—but more like the guy who follows people down the street bugging them for directions. In some it triggers a desire to push back a little, and I’ll plead guilty to that in this case.

Agents here are pretty forthcoming with help if we have any to offer. If you stick around you’ll discover that. If 161 pass by without offering any, then that’s the answer.

Good luck out there.

Back