2019 Goals......

Notts Forest

Hello All,

Getting back into the biz after a 10 year hiatus........

Do these goals seem reasonable for 2019?

1) FE AP Per Month = $2500
2) 4 Med Supp Sales Per Month
3) 100 MA Plans by year end

What sort of marketing would be needed to achieve these goals? (how many thousand DM per month/week/what type/quantity of leads needed)

I am 100% as earned with my carriers but have plenty $$ to invest in marketing.

Thoughts?

12 Medicare plans a month is definitely doable and I’m guessing that’s about 4 FE sales?

What are you going to market? FE or Medicare? T65? DM leads or internet? No one can answer those questions for you.

12 Medicare plans a month is definitely doable and I’m guessing that’s about 4 FE sales?

What are you going to market? FE or Medicare? T65? DM leads or internet? No one can answer those questions for you.

That's the million dollar question. Medicare probably with a small cross sell to FE......
As for leads, I don't really have a lot of time to be chasing leads so I am thinking DM is the way to go. What would be an average ratio for drops/leads/sits/sales? How many drops would be typical to at least have a shot at those goals?

10 years ago we used internet leads and it was like Boiler Room lol so I am not sure I want to go back to that model.

I do primarily do DM with T65’s. I get about 30 cards back per 1k sent. 30 cards will net about 12 sit downs. That will get me about 6 sales.
But I’m horrible at crossselling FE to them. I would think you could get one of them to bite if you were good at your pitch.

This is in FL and you’ll need to mail 5-7 months out if you want that high of a return.

I do primarily do DM with T65’s. I get about 30 cards back per 1k sent. 30 cards will net about 12 sit downs. That will get me about 6 sales.
But I’m horrible at crossselling FE to them. I would think you could get one of them to bite if you were good at your pitch.

This is in FL and you’ll need to mail 5-7 months out if you want that high of a return.

You mean you're mailing to them 5-7 months before their 65th bday? Does this increase returns because you're one of the first ones in their mailbox? It seems they'd be getting dozens of these once they get closer to 65.

2-3x. Depends on the time of year.

Time of year?

I structure my marketing based IEP dates. I hadn't thought about how the time of year affects results.

Do you get better results during some months or do you change up when we get to close to AEP (or is there something else I haven't thought of)?

Time of year?

I structure my marketing based IEP dates. I hadn't thought about how the time of year affects results.

Do you get better results during some months or do you change up when we get to close to AEP (or is there something else I haven't thought of)?

I slow down my t65 mailers a lot around aep. Then hit hard last week of Dec.
I wasted so many t65 leads this aep.

It’s unfortunate too that my sept mailer got 3.8% response back

Last edited:
I slow down my t65 mailers a lot around aep. Then hit hard last week of Dec.
I wasted so many t65 leads this aep.

It’s unfortunate too that my sept mailer got 3.8% response back

Thanks!

Now I get it. I shut down my FB ads in early October. (Should have stopped in September.)

I called most of my clients to advise them for 2019. I doorknob closed a lot of them for referrals.

Just before I said goodbye:

"Do you know anybody else who would benefit from talking with me? This is probably the only time of the year they can switch plans."

I sold several spouses, parents, siblings, aunts and uncles.

That's mostly over, so I'm turning on the faucet again very soon.

I'm adding more DM to the mix for 2019 so I'm not dependent on one source of leads.

I'm structuring it now.

So your input was really helpful and timely.

Thanks again.

Back