2020 First Dollar Coverage Going Away Not Set in Stone?

New enrollee's for 2020 and later are directly impacted. Existing policyholders with C & F are impacted in the same way as any frozen block of business. Rates will spiral as they get older and sicker.
Did a seminar this week where I talked about the impact of HR2 on Plan F and C once they become closed books using Plan J as an example. A guy raised his hand--has Plan J--and attested to his personal experience with increasing prices on a closed book. That made a bigger impact on the Plan F policyholders in the audience than anything I told them. Wish I had one like him in every group. Wrote him a Plan G at more than $100 less per month, and a few others, too.

I was told today, the plans might be taxed as "Cadillac" plans but remain open. That's not my understanding.

Don't most companies allow for someone to go to a lesser plan without going through underwriting? So if they're in F and the companies start jacking up the prices in 2020, couldn't they just go to a G or N within that company?

Don't most companies allow for someone to go to a lesser plan without going through underwriting? So if they're in F and the companies start jacking up the prices in 2020, couldn't they just go to a G or N within that company?

State and carrier specific, but UHC/AARP is the only carrier I hear of that does that routinely.

Other than UHC/AAP I don't know of anyone in GA that allows that.

And if someone couldn't pass underwriting why would the carrier voluntarily allow them into a less expensive plan? Companies like higher premiums.

Rick

I got the joke. I've seen Bob's postings. I was joking back at ya with the Red Grange comment.

Hahaha, I'm a little slower than normal today.:twitchy:

----------

State and carrier specific, but UHC/AARP is the only carrier I hear of that does that routinely.

Other than UHC/AAP I don't know of anyone in GA that allows that.

Being GI, BCBS of Illinois will let them go up or down.

Back