24 Hour Live Service

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Spouse of Medigap client called Sunday AM to let me know her husband was in the hospital. Wanted to know how to make sure his Medigap was in force and how to pay the premium if needed.

Looked on the site and found the policy is paid to 3/1. No lapse notice evident. Gave her the 800 number to call.

She called me again this AM and said she got a recording yesterday.

I realize that Medigap is not primary coverage but was surprised there wasn't a live voice.

Is this typical of Medigap carriers that don't write primary coverage like MA or PDP or is it unusual?

Spouse of Medigap client called Sunday AM to let me know her husband was in the hospital. Wanted to know how to make sure his Medigap was in force and how to pay the premium if needed.

Looked on the site and found the policy is paid to 3/1. No lapse notice evident. Gave her the 800 number to call.

She called me again this AM and said she got a recording yesterday.

I realize that Medigap is not primary coverage but was surprised there wasn't a live voice.

Is this typical of Medigap carriers that don't write primary coverage like MA or PDP or is it unusual?

I don't get why you gave her the 800 # when you answered her question about it being in force. Did she really expect for someone in CS to answer the phone on Sunday?

Based on what I was able to find (and their website is a bit lacking as well as poorly designed) it seems the policy starts a new grace period tomorrow (3/1).

There is one number and extension for claims and premiums. I usually don't call them, or any carrier, outside of normal business hours, but I can see where a provider might need/want to verify coverage, etc.

I am accustomed to dealing with carriers on the IFP side that can answer claims or billing questions 7 days a week. Maybe it is just the ancillary carriers that work bankers hours.

As to your question about talking to a live person on Sunday, yes she did. She called this AM to see if there was another number so she can find out if she needs to pay his March premium.

The policy was set up on bank draft. I have no way of knowing if that changed or not without talking to a live person, or waiting on a lapse notice to show up on the site.

Based on what I was able to find (and their website is a bit lacking as well as poorly designed) it seems the policy starts a new grace period tomorrow (3/1).

There is one number and extension for claims and premiums. I usually don't call them, or any carrier, outside of normal business hours, but I can see where a provider might need/want to verify coverage, etc.

I am accustomed to dealing with carriers on the IFP side that can answer claims or billing questions 7 days a week. Maybe it is just the ancillary carriers that work bankers hours.

As to your question about talking to a live person on Sunday, yes she did. She called this AM to see if there was another number so she can find out if she needs to pay his March premium.

The policy was set up on bank draft. I have no way of knowing if that changed or not without talking to a live person, or waiting on a lapse notice to show up on the site.

If it doesn't draft until after the 1st then it will be in a grace period every month until the draft is completed...

Back