24 month rate guarantee anyone?

Assurant, Time, John Alden and Fortis, all the same company now.

Common ownership.

Not the same company.

But tell yourself what you need to justify your position.

The condition specific deductibles are available in many, many states and don't people want their conditions covered, rather than get a decline or a rider?

The CSD is not going to deter a decline.

Tell me again, where did you get your training?

If you understand riders they are not always a bad thing. Based on comments from others here, quite a few agents do not understand how a rider actually works so don't feel like you are alone.

And sometimes a rate up is preferable, and even generates a lower premium vs. another plan with a rider or CSD.

In the stop loss business we call the CSD a laser. I was selling lasers when you were still riding a tricycle.

Are your tactics to help people be prepared to do their job or to be argumentative

If that is directed at me, it is not a tactic, it is a factual comment.

Some folks can't handle the truth.

Did you forget the question posed that started the thread was from someone who never heard of the rate guarantee?

Nope.

The peanut gallery has spoken . . .

Common ownership.

Not the same company.

But tell yourself what you need to justify your position.

The CSD is not going to deter a decline.

Tell me again, where did you get your training?

If you understand riders they are not always a bad thing. Based on comments from others here, quite a few agents do not understand how a rider actually works so don't feel like you are alone.

And sometimes a rate up is preferable, and even generates a lower premium vs. another plan with a rider or CSD.

In the stop loss business we call the CSD a laser. I was selling lasers when you were still riding a tricycle.

Interesting, I guess the difference between you and I is that I offer my clients options for what they want, not what I want them to have. I don't sell them on a rider. But that's because I know what it is.

If I have a client who had a c-section and wants that covered again, Assurant CSD

Asthma, same thing.
Basal Cell Carcinoma
Abnormal pap
Herpes
GERD

All CSD's

Oh and I guess Assurant screwed up when they offered a CSD on my client's back after they had been declined on two other carriers.

If you know the tools and options, you can use them.

People don't always buy on price do they?

"Selling since I was on a tricycle, huh?"

Get with the times old man, it was a big wheel!!

PS; You're right, when the truth is slanted like a political candidates truth, I can't handle it.

I offer my clients options

You are implying that I do not . . . which is not only faulty but you must have missed most of my earlier posts where I explain how I ask questions, take copious notes, and suggest option.

Perhaps you have ADD . . .

I don't sell them on a rider.

Neither do I.

But I do provide an explanation of each probably underwriting action and let the client choose.

You do understand the difference, right?

a client who had a c-section and wants that covered again, Assurant CSD

If that were an option in my state, it would be presented.

But it isn't . . .

As for the other conditions

Asthma - std or rate up
Basal Cell Carcinoma - std or rate up
Abnormal pap - std
Herpes - std or rate up
GERD - std or rate up

Options, options, options . . .

Nuff said.

Well put, sir.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way, I'm better at rubbing women.

:goofy:

PS; Joe knows I'm just razzing him!
I am thick skinned you would have to do better than that to get me going.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way, I'm better at rubbing women.

I better not go there...

Yes I sell co pay plans primarily, because this is what the vast majority of my clients are used to and want.

It is hard to convince someone coming off Medicaid or uninsured for 3 years to open a "savings" account when American savings rates are close to $0.

I personally have a HSA , I have had one since the MSA beta program - I am well educated on them, however I sell on the Internet - where HSA can be challenging.

I give Assurant credit for the creative and sales spins - that is awesome and if you plug enough sales points in someone's head it is hard to spin against.

Co pay plans, I am dead in the water in every state I market with Assurant. I am also very much against the 90 day 100% commission charge back - I have a real problem with that.

I am thick skinned you would have to do better than that to get me going.

I better not go there...

Yes I sell co pay plans primarily, because this is what the vast majority of my clients are used to and want.

It is hard to convince someone coming off Medicaid or uninsured for 3 years to open a "savings" account when American savings rates are close to $0.

I personally have a HSA , I have had one since the MSA beta program - I am well educated on them, however I sell on the Internet - where HSA can be challenging.

I give Assurant credit for the creative and sales spins - that is awesome and if you plug enough sales points in someone's head it is hard to spin against.

Co pay plans, I am dead in the water in every state I market with Assurant. I am also very much against the 90 day 100% commission charge back - I have a real problem with that.

I can see it now, you're uninsured? For how long?

I have the perfect thing for you, tax advantages!!!!!

Oh you're unemployed . . .

:nah:

Back