24 month rate guarantee anyone?

The call goes something like this...

"I am looking for something catastrophic major medical..."

...How much is the co pay at the doctor?
...How much to refill my prescription?
...I need to have a free physical
...I need dental
...I need vision also

Sounds very catastrophic.

The call goes something like this...

"I am looking for something catastrophic major medical..."

...How much is the co pay at the doctor?
...How much to refill my prescription?
...I need to have a free physical
...I need dental
...I need vision also

Sounds very catastrophic.

LOL. so funny, I always say people want this:

an appetizer
salad
soup
entree
bottle of wine
dessert and coffee

And they can afford this:

A happy meal.

:D

The rate guarantee is a joke in my market. They are double the price for less benefit with assurant.

A few years back I put a small block of small groups with Assurant because they had good rates at the time. They were pitching a 50% co insurance plan with co pays. This sold very well with my motel/hotel groups.
After one year the renewals for this block was averaging 37%. Its hard to do business with a carrier that rates good business like that. So I pulled all my groups from them.

I recently attended a seminar on there new 36 month rate guarnantee for HRA plans. When I quoted them they were so far out of bounds with there rates they did not even make the spreadsheet. I quoted them with 5 groups just to make sure it was not the sic code.

:no:

We've had veterans that contribute to the Forum ring in from all corners of the globe (California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, etc.) that Time is NOT competitive in their state.

The question is: where ARE they competitive?

In one zip code in Kalamazoo, I buy all of the leads I can from there.

I'm kidding of course.

Maybe we should ask the biggest marketer of Assurant in the nation at over 25 million of Assurant annually.

They're not churn and burn either so they might know.

We've had veterans that contribute to the Forum ring in from all corners of the globe (California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, etc.) that Time is NOT competitive in their state.

The question is: where ARE they competitive?

I work primarily the Southeast and their rates are not as widely divergent between carriers, as I see indicated above. I don't live in SC but when I write plans there, they are very competitive on HSAs'. Its not likely that you're going to call from the states that sided against us and write a lot of plans down here, not unless you are being held captive by the North, at least I hope not.

ask the biggest marketer of Assurant in the nation

The I Group does a lot with Time.

I have attended their local training sessions. It is mostly how to sell the Right Start plan. Things like, who would ever spend more than $2000 a year for meds? A $2500 outpatient cap? How many times do you think they will need to go to the doc? They would have to go 100x to run out of that benefit. Not that many claims exceed $100k in a year and besides, next year you get another $100k.

Right Start & Save Right is almost half their business.

And let's not forget that 12 month commission advance.

Yes, lot's of really good stuff there.

The I Group does a lot with Time.

I have attended their local training sessions. It is mostly how to sell the Right Start plan. Things like, who would ever spend more than $2000 a year for meds? A $2500 outpatient cap? How many times do you think they will need to go to the doc? They would have to go 100x to run out of that benefit. Not that many claims exceed $100k in a year and besides, next year you get another $100k.

Right Start & Save Right is almost half their business.

And let's not forget that 12 month commission advance.

Yes, lot's of really good stuff there.

I wouldn't sell the right start to someone I hated.

I actually handed a client off because he thought $100k a year was good enough for his wife.

"Heck my back surgery only cost $60K."

Husband of the year right there!

When I checked back to see my thread and their were 26 replies I almost soiled myself! Now that I've read them all...well I have soiled myself!

I definitely got an answer to my question and a whole lot more! Any extra charge folks?

:laugh:

When I checked back to see my thread and their were 26 replies I almost soiled myself! Now that I've read them all...well I have soiled myself!

I definitely got an answer to my question and a whole lot more! Any extra charge folks?

:laugh:

You'll receive 26 bills in the mail, pay mine first please.

;)

No worries, hope it helped!

Back