250K Art / Jewelry Collection

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm trying to write a nice personal lines account & they apparently (so they say..) have 250k of art / jewelry coverage on their existing Erie policy. None of my carriers will go that high being that the dwelling coverage is only 350k. Anybody know where I can refer them for JUST collectibles insurance?

Suggestions?

Have you verified the information with the policy itself or with appraisals? If you're taking their word, may be a wild goose chase for you. I would call my broker on something like that and see what they recommend. Good luck on that one sir.

American Collector's does this standalone. Erie does it super cheap though - won't be able to even get close with a standalone.

American Collector's does this standalone. Erie does it super cheap though - won't be able to even get close with a standalone.

American Collectors can't help here. There are four things ACI absolutely will not touch. and jewelry and fine art happen to be two of those four. the others being fur and furniture.

for just about anything else, ACI would have been a great solution. I don't know about Erie's prices. but ACI's yearly premium on collectibles is less than 1% of the insured value. I think that's a very low price. I wonder how they stay in business with that rate.

Back