27/M/PA Engineer Seeking Individual Health Ins. in Central PA

jmaskuly

To those interested,

I am a 27 year old male seeking individual health insurance in the central PA area. I am looking for a reasonably priced plan. I would like to consider myself somewhat healthy, and by that I mean I work out 6 days a week and religiously watch what I eat. I am currently contracted as a full-time temp. and the health insurance plan offered by my hiring agency is not something I wish to be a part of (Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company). I've also browsed through many other health plans. I currently have one in mind, however, I thought I'd post here as I am usually very thorough in making a decision where my money is spent. So, if anyone is up to the challenge, please post here with package details and/or questions/comments. Thanks,

Justin M.

Re: 27/M/PA Engineer Seeking Individual Health Ins. in Central P

There's a guy on here, pahealthquotes, that can probably take good care of you. I'll PM you his number.

Thanks MPS,

Perhaps after the holiday weekend, I'll give him a call.

The plan I had in mind was United Health One Copay Select 100 - 1000 w/ a $1000 deductible. Vision & Dental, I'm still debating...

Thanks,

JM

You're most welcome; he'll take good care of you!

Thanks MPS,

Perhaps after the holiday weekend, I'll give him a call.

The plan I had in mind was United Health One Copay Select 100 - 1000 w/ a $1000 deductible. Vision & Dental, I'm still debating...

Thanks,

JM

Good plan, just be aware of the 25% co-insurance for Tier 4 drugs. That could come back to bite you hard if you ever need to use them since they are usually very expensive (think thousands of dollars per month). Check out the HSA 100 plan with a $2500 deductible to save some $$ and cover your bases on the Tier 4 drugs.

Good plan, just be aware of the 25% co-insurance for Tier 4 drugs. That could come back to bite you hard if you ever need to use them since they are usually very expensive (think thousands of dollars per month). Check out the HSA 100 plan with a $2500 deductible to save some $$ and cover your bases on the Tier 4 drugs.

Good catch on the Tier 4.

Also, watch out for the Tier 2 & 3 Calendar year drug deductible of $500.00 (before the co-pay kicks in).

And finally, if they have the supplemental accident rider available in that state, I would definitely suggest adding that as well. It seems to be a popular rider here in Missouri. All-in-all, I agree with the others that United Health One (as a carrier and network) is an excellent choice.

Hi Justin,

I highly recommend the Highmark Blue Shield Advance Blue. See attached pdf. If you would like to pursue coverage you can find me at [email protected].

Regards,
Joe

Attachments

• Advance Blue Central PA.pdf
    881.9 KB · Views: 7

Hi Justin,

I highly recommend the Highmark Blue Shield Advance Blue. See attached pdf. If you would like to pursue coverage you can find me at [email protected].

Regards,
Joe

Wow, why is that so cheap. Here in FL for a 30 year old with a 1k ded and 10% co-ins it would probably run you well north of $200 but only $108 in PA.

Wow, why is that so cheap. Here in FL for a 30 year old with a 1k ded and 10% co-ins it would probably run you well north of $200 but only $108 in PA.

rates are even lower if you reside in Western PA. Highmark BCBS dominates WPA.

Cheers

Attachments

• Highmark BCBS AdvanceBlueRates WPA.pdf
    852.5 KB · Views: 4

If going with UHC, utilize the $200 Rx Deductible options, its very reasonable and can save you a lot of money.

Back