$3,482 Printer Ink.

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
OK, I was complaining about having to run out to buy <^&$@#!n& more ink cartridges then googled how much does printer ink cost per gallon. I know there are ink bottle type solutions but have been to lazy to pursue it. Maybe it is time to look at color lasers again. $3,500 a %^)(&@? GALLON?!? You know how much Basil Hayden that is?!?

"" Printer ink, the simple black liquid that people have been using for centuries. How much does Ink really cost? We’ll take an HP 564 black cartridge. This particular cartridge can hold 12 ML of ink. OEM priced at $12.99, we can factor that the ink inside is worth 92 cents per ML. Converting Metric to standard for a more conventional approach means 1 gallon is equal to 3785 ML. That said 1 Gallon of HP ink is worth approximately $3482.""

How much does printer ink really cost?

OK, I was complaining about having to run out to buy <^&$@#!n& more ink cartridges then googled how much does printer ink cost per gallon. I know there are ink bottle type solutions but have been to lazy to pursue it. Maybe it is time to look at color lasers again. $3,500 a %^)(&@? GALLON?!? You know how much Basil Hayden that is?!?

"" Printer ink, the simple black liquid that people have been using for centuries. How much does Ink really cost? We’ll take an HP 564 black cartridge. This particular cartridge can hold 12 ML of ink. OEM priced at $12.99, we can factor that the ink inside is worth 92 cents per ML. Converting Metric to standard for a more conventional approach means 1 gallon is equal to 3785 ML. That said 1 Gallon of HP ink is worth approximately $3482.""

How much does printer ink really cost?

What kind of speed are you on? :skeptical:

Ink is the most expensive liquid on the planet I once read. Gotta say I am looking forward to the carrier discount I just learned about this week, 75% off kinkos for AEP! Anyone need anything printed lol...

I wonder what are the ingredients of a printer ink. Such a mystery they must contain some pretty rare, exotic, earth liquids.

Last edited:
buwahahahahaa....I haven't been in the forum for awhile, but holy sh$$!

This is the one expense I bi$$$ about weekly.

But, you know, you just have to use ink....even when doing most apps online, I like to have a wet sig and app to go with it---my own personal reasons for when things go pear shaped and awry, and I've been thankful I've done that now.

Some companies just aren't that great at getting you paper applications...***sigh*** A few are, and those I sell a lot of, they save me money!!

Maybe I'm in the wrong business...should look into selling ink/unicorn PI$$ as wino calls it .

I've also JUST recently made up a form, to replace the very long apps that I have no choice but to print out if I want a wet app. Clients sign saying YES they have done an online app and YES they did acknowledge and accept that their accounts would be drafted, etc....that one should save me quite a bit of ink too.

Just saying, I'm with you WINO!! Ink expenses blow! And I am just a small time operation and I can't stand it!

Back