3 Year Periods Now?

Was just on a webinar where the latest product will have a 3 year crediting strategy, seriously? Two years for me is not something I trust, let alone 3 years. How did they frame the pitch? They get more money because it's cheaper to offer 3 year crediting strategies (better caps/lower expenses). I had to jump out of the webinar at that point.

Would any of you offer a 3 year crediting strategy? Man zero interest rates have messed up retirement for people...

I am not a huge fan of 3 year strategies. But I have 2 year strategies on the books and they are some of the best performing contracts I have in my book. Remember, the longer the lock-in, the fewer amount of times the carrier has to lower caps or increase the spread. I actually like the 2 year strategies. My only issue with the 3 year is that it is a long time for the client to see 0% as their gains. It is more the mental aspect than the math.

5 year p2p and even ANICO'S 10 were around a long time before this rate environment.

We'd all probably prefer a 1yr p2p but what are you giving up for it?

It's all about the terms...what are they offering for those 3 years (knowing that they can't change for 3 years)? Is it worth it?

I agree with scagnt83, the hardest part is explaining it to a client.

According to Richard Kado who invented the index annuity, 2 year ptp outperforms 1 year ptp 69% of the time over a 2 year period. 92% of the time over a 12 year period.

He also went over the stats for 3 year ptp and they were a little better than the 2 year ptp.

Was just on a webinar where the latest product will have a 3 year crediting strategy, seriously? Two years for me is not something I trust, let alone 3 years. How did they frame the pitch? They get more money because it's cheaper to offer 3 year crediting strategies (better caps/lower expenses). I had to jump out of the webinar at that point. Would any of you offer a 3 year crediting strategy? Man zero interest rates have messed up retirement for people...
Clearly a Nationwide webinar. Client does have the optional lock in and 3 year point to point means nothing for the income rider or death benefit rider

He also went over the stats for 3 year ptp and they were a little better than the 2 year ptp.

You mustve saw the same webinar I did. How far back did Kado go for the 3 year looking better than 2 year? I dont think agents/marketers go back far enough for back-testing these strategies.

If an fmo tells me how great something woulda done 15 or 20 years ago, makes me skeptical...

You mustve saw the same webinar I did. How far back did Kado go for the 3 year looking better than 2 year? I dont think agents/marketers go back far enough for back-testing these strategies.

If an fmo tells me how great something woulda done 15 or 20 years ago, makes me skeptical...

Annexus presents all their webinars the same way honestly.

I have ran models going back to the 1970s and the 2 year still performed just as good or better than the 1 year options.

It was in person not a webinar. Kado was actually my favorite part about the Annexus conference.

Full disclosure though, one of the main reasons I like the BCA over newheights is because BCA has 2 year ptp.

Back