38 yr Old Wants Fixed Indexed Annuity

SecureHealth1

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Guys,

I am looking into getting a fixed indexed annuity for myself.

I currently have a Solo 401K with my corporation. It is presently sitting in a cash account with Edward Jones and I am ready to start to invest it to get a return.

I am more conservative in what I want to invest in and they do not offer a fixed annuity at my age, I believe what they offer is for people 55 and over.

I already have about $25,000 in stocks with Edward Jones and I would like to see the remaining $200,000 put into a long term annuity, or a majority of it, but not with them lol.

I basically used them because they were the only ones who could do the Solo 401K in my area.

I have a little knowledge of fixed indexed annuities because I once shared an office with agents that focused 100% on that. (My agency only does Medicare products)

What I would like to see is a long term annuity, I want to keep my hands off of it, I want the best, safest return for the longest term because of my age.

So my question is, can you guys recommend a company that offers a fixed indexed annuity? And maybe offers a bonus? Or will no company do that because of my age?

I seem to remember the longer the term, the more options you had for a bonus, but that was years ago and I'm not sure that still exists with the changes in the market.

Any insight is appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I currently have a Solo 401K with my corporation. It is presently sitting in a cash account with Edward Jones and I am ready to start to invest it to get a return.

I am more conservative in what I want to invest in and they do not offer a fixed annuity at my age, I believe what they offer is for people 55 and over.

I already have about $25,000 in stocks with Edward Jones and I would like to see the remaining $200,000 put into a long term annuity, or a majority of it, but not with them lol.

I basically used them because they were the only ones who could do the Solo 401K in my area.

I have a little knowledge of fixed indexed annuities because I once shared an office with agents that focused 100% on that. (My agency only does Medicare products)

What I would like to see is a long term annuity, I want to keep my hands off of it, I want the best, safest return for the longest term because of my age.

So my question is, can you guys recommend a company that offers a fixed indexed annuity? And maybe offers a bonus? Or will no company do that because of my age?

I seem to remember the longer the term, the more options you had for a bonus, but that was years ago and I'm not sure that still exists with the changes in the market.

Always be careful that you don't give up too much liquidity... you are young... diversify always... use laddering...

If the money is already in a Solo 401k, then it's already illiquid. However, for his age, I would recommend NOT getting a lifetime income benefit rider - unless it can be continuously renewed after 10 years.

Edward Jones probably has their own "in-house" suitability rules, which is why they wouldn't allow a FIA sale below age 55 (per your post).

Hi Guys,

have you looked into trying to use a Indexed Universal Life insurance at your age instead of a FIA... that would solve the liquidity issue. I would encourage you to do your own research but ask agents here about what you find out.

have you looked into trying to use a Indexed Universal Life insurance at your age instead of a FIA... that would solve the liquidity issue. I would encourage you to do your own research but ask agents here about what you find out.
:nah:

Edward Jones probably has their own "in-house" suitability rules, which is why they wouldn't allow a FIA sale below age 55 (per your post).
They don't do anything that is "indexed". Taboo.

Back