4 in 10 Boomers still have no retirement savings; yet only 3 in 10 expect to work past 70

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

4 in 10 Boomers still have no retirement savings; yet only 3 in 10 expect to work past 70
bigstock-Retirement-Fund-Bankrupt-5379198.jpg

Baby boomers remain in large measure unprepared for retirement, having failed both to plan adequately and save enough, according to new study.
Continue reading the Original Article.

It appears the edit function is not available in this section. So I looked for and found the report link. https://www.myirionline.org/docs/default-source/research/iri_boomers-expectations-for-retirement-2017.pdf

"According to the Pew Research Center, the average paycheck has the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago."

According to the Pew Research group, then, the average paycheck has remained the same adjusted for inflation. People ARE buying Iphones, going out to eat, and buying new cars. So, people just aren't bothering to save.

When I was 18, I started taking investment classes. People laughed at me. I started investing in my early 20's while my coworkers were buying nice cars and fancy lunches. They laughed at me again. I used my profits from the investments to start multiple businesses, some of which I sold, and some of which I have turned into nice passive incomes.

I'm not even 40 yet, and I take lots of time off, go on trips, and spend time at my 2nd home. I'll never need to work a 40hr week again, and can completely retire any time I want. Today if I wish. Guess who will be laughing for the rest of his life? Me.

Currently at 54 i could retire. However, I am 100% sure i would be bored to tears.
Plus, I love what i do.

Back