4 in 10 U.S. Homes Are Cellphone Only, Skip Landline

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
4 in 10 U.S. homes are cellphone only, skip landline | Times Free Press

Interesting bullet points from the study:

The CDC survey released Tuesday is based on in-person interviews in more than 21,000 homes during the last half of 2013. The researchers found:

• Not all homes have phones: About 3 percent have no landline or cellphone.

• About 9 percent have only landlines, and about 48 percent have both. Five years ago, 17 percent had only landlines, and about 60 percent had landlines and cellphones.

• Younger people rely more on cellphones: Nearly two-thirds of people in their late 20s live in households with only cellphones. Only 14 percent of people 65 and older use only cellphones.

• Men are a bit more likely to shun landlines than women.

• Poor adults are much more likely than higher-income people to have only cellphones.

• The Midwest is the most wireless region: About 44 percent live in cellphone-only homes. The South and West were nearly as high. In the Northeast, 25 percent live in cellphone-only households.

4 in 10 U.S. homes are cellphone only, skip landline | Times Free Press

Interesting bullet points from the study:

The CDC survey released Tuesday is based on in-person interviews in more than 21,000 homes during the last half of 2013. The researchers found:

• Not all homes have phones: About 3 percent have no landline or cellphone.

• About 9 percent have only landlines, and about 48 percent have both. Five years ago, 17 percent had only landlines, and about 60 percent had landlines and cellphones.

• Younger people rely more on cellphones: Nearly two-thirds of people in their late 20s live in households with only cellphones. Only 14 percent of people 65 and older use only cellphones.

• Men are a bit more likely to shun landlines than women.

• Poor adults are much more likely than higher-income people to have only cellphones.

• The Midwest is the most wireless region: About 44 percent live in cellphone-only homes. The South and West were nearly as high. In the Northeast, 25 percent live in cellphone-only households.

I can vouch for that. I dont have a landline. Only cellphone

It's been 8 years since I had a landline. I have 5 siblings, and none have landlines. Only 1 of my 4 kids has a landline. The phone books are getting thinner. Sure makes it harder to telemarket!

Dave, YP now sells online ads. Your prospective clients can use their Obamaphones to find you on the WWW.

A positive - Texting and emailing clients.

I ask all my contacts regardless of age if they have a cell and if they text and receive email on it. It has ceased to amaze me how many seniors have cells and text.

Yep we dropped our landline about 10years ago thought we were going to save money! Ha! Jokes on us. I only have a cell at the office too.

A positive - Texting and emailing clients.

I ask all my contacts regardless of age if they have a cell and if they text and receive email on it. It has ceased to amaze me how many seniors have cells and text.

Careful texting without explicit permission. That's a huge TCPA violation.

Back