459 Units Frame 100% Section 8

American Empire- can't compete on pricing
Venture- can't compete on pricing
Navigators- won't do more than 20% subsidized housing
Dual- won't do more than 20% subsidized housing/ poor loss experience First Mercury- can't do more than 50% subsidized
Liberty- dec due to class
Century- dec due to 100% subsidized
Rockhill- dec due to 100% subsidized
Endurance- blocked
Burlington- can't compete on pricing
Hanover- can't offer A&B or compete on pricing
XL- dec due to class and 100% subsidized
Aspen- not competitive on pricing
Swiss Re- can't compete on pricing
James River- dec due to 100% subsidized
Wilshire- dec due to 94 out of 100 crime rating for the area
Seneca- Blocked
Tower- Declined

There are two separate GL and Prop policies for each 153 unit location. We have WKFC with a great .30 rate on the one, but the incumbent broker has WKFC as the expiring carrier for the other two with Chubb Custom Paper. Apparently they moved their paper to Hamilton so there will certainly be an increase.

The problem is that last year they couldn't place the GL on two of the properties so they endorsed 45 day extension. So now the GL is a 7/15...Anyway, we have three fantastic GL quotes. Considering going to try and BOR the property with showing him the GL savings, although it would be so much better if the property was a 7/15 as apposed to the GL.

This may seem ridiculous...but Metlife. They just introduced some commercial offerings in new areas & I've seen them write some crazy mixed hab stuff.

What type of premium is this account?

3 separate 153 unit properties same owner.

Premium varies on loss history. Here's the breakdown

Loc 1) GL -199k Primary Prop- 32k Excess Prop- 16k

Loc 2) GL - 102k Primary Prop 43k Excess Prop 15k

Loc 3) GL - 65k Property 101k

Umbrella over each location for about 6k

There also is some other coverage specializations including Crime etc.

Total is a little over $625,000 in premium

Those are the expiring premiums. I have come in and crushed the GL, but I only have one property quote from WKFC which we weren't blocked at. WKFC writes the property on location 1 and 2. Thinking of going to the meeting next week, showing the GL savings and trying to BOR the property on 1 and 2. That is if I can't get London to write this. Last shot.

Back