5 Most Common Medical Conditions in Medigap??

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
So if a person is counseling-advising-etc in regard to Medicare supplements, what are the top 5-10 medical conditions they are likely to see which restrict a potential insured's access to plans?

So if a person is counseling-advising-etc in regard to Medicare supplements, what are the top 5-10 medical conditions they are likely to see which restrict a potential insured's access to plans?

Diabetes with insulin
Diabetes with complications
Diabetes combined with a heart condition
Being too short for your weight
Various heart conditions
Cancer in past 2-3 years
COPD no oxygen
Pending tests/surgery
Meds...all companies have KO lists
Injections at the Dr. office(other than B-12)

There're 10 to get you started. The one's I listed won't necessarily keep someone from getting a Med Supp, but they'll limit the # of companies you can get them through. There are plenty more, which is why you should learn the apps and the UW guides. Have a cheat sheet.

Pacemaker.

I am having an issue with that and can't get a straight answer from my carriers. Who has a High Deductible F in TN who will accept 73 year old man with a pacemaker (installed 5 years ago). on blood pressure medications, no diabetes.

Pacemaker.

I am having an issue with that and can't get a straight answer from my carriers. Who has a High Deductible F in TN who will accept 73 year old man with a pacemaker (installed 5 years ago). on blood pressure medications, no diabetes.

If they're in your state: Aetna, Bankers Fidelity, Cigna, New Era/Philadelphia American......

Thks, Unfortunately, I don't write with Banker's. What company is the Cigna sup written under?? I don't think ARLIC has a HDF in my state, I just got appointed with them, not sure though.

Thks, Unfortunately, I don't write with Banker's. What company is the Cigna sup written under?? I don't think ARLIC has a HDF in my state, I just got appointed with them, not sure though.

Well, then maybe you should pick Bankers up.:laugh:

Cigna Health And Life Insurance Company has the HDF. If you're contracted with Cigna, you have access to it if they're in TN.

Why HDF, If he still is healthy enough to qualify why not N or G with more coverage?

In my Zip N would be $109 with BF vrs $57 HDF

$600 year difrence, He has had a pacemaker he probably would appreciate the better coverage.

Why HDF, If he still is healthy enough to qualify why not N or G with more coverage?

In my Zip N would be $109 with BF vrs $57 HDF

$600 year difrence, He has had a pacemaker he probably would appreciate the better coverage.

I agree. I'd never sell a HDF to anybody unless they insisted on it. I just gave him the info that he asked for.

OK, in TN Cigna only writes ARLIC and Loyal.

He is too cheap. If I had to guess he was some sort of engineer or actuary. Fully-informed customer. Asks good questions and has done his homework. He had a cheap out-of-state plan that just caught on he has moved to TN and jacked his rates up. I am working on the N, but he doesn't want to pay that much. He mentioned MAPD but has never had drug coverage at all so would have penalty if he signs up. At this point will probably cut my losses and refer to another agent that has Banker's.

OK, in TN Cigna only writes ARLIC and Loyal.

He is too cheap. If I had to guess he was some sort of engineer or actuary. Fully-informed customer. Asks good questions and has done his homework. He had a cheap out-of-state plan that just caught on he has moved to TN and jacked his rates up. I am working on the N, but he doesn't want to pay that much. He mentioned MAPD but has never had drug coverage at all so would have penalty if he signs up. At this point will probably cut my losses and refer to another agent that has Banker's.

How many companies do you have that you wouldn't want to pick up Bankers? They have a lot of niches.

Back