5 Scripts To Overcome "just Send Me Your Info" Objection

What works best for me: these are state approved programs. Before I can send you anything, I'm required to see what you qualify for. I have Tuesday at 10:00 ..... (etc.)

So right Scott! I do a lot of Medicare and people do want information prior to the appointment. I too ask a lot of questions. I also have "introductory" materials, that I send someone who has called really early (way before they turn 65). Usually at this point, someone is just beginning to do their research and once I send my packet to them, then I become their "go to" source for all of their questions going forward. This has worked extremely well for me & usually almost always results in a sale.

louiedoo- what kind of "introductory materials" do you send them? Product/Carrier specific or do you have your own generic materials? I too, am in the Medicare market and have a lot of early birds. I can usually get them in for an appointment so they have their decision made when it's time, but I'd love to have a mailer available for those that don't want to come in early.

louiedoo- what kind of "introductory materials" do you send them? Product/Carrier specific or do you have your own generic materials? I too, am in the Medicare market and have a lot of early birds. I can usually get them in for an appointment so they have their decision made when it's time, but I'd love to have a mailer available for those that don't want to come in early.

I send a 2 pocket folder containing my business card (of course), a copy of the CMS booklet on Choosing a Medigap policy, and usually the booklet produced by United Healthcare called "Medicare Made Clear - Show Me Guide". I include a letter with a short recap of whatever we've discussed & let them know what steps they may need to take before we meet (some who are really early may need to pay a visit to the local Social Security office, etc.) and outline when we'll make contact again. Even though the one book is produced by United Healthcare, it has no product information in it - just an overview of Medicare (all 4 parts & Med supps). Hope that helps.

You can always default to sending them what they want after you qualify the validity of the stall.

By just sending info you're throwing a dart while blindfolded hoping they call back or pick up when you call them back. That is reactive selling and you will lose sales, guaranteed.

First, you must know what it is they want to see so say the following:

"What exactly would you like to see?" And then shut up.

You'd be surprised, people don't often know what they want to see so by asking you can uncover ways to assist them in making a decision, or if they do know what they want to see, their response might expose a flaw in your presentation (if you even have one that is) that needs to be addressed by you in future calls.

Once you find out what they want to see exactly, respond to it right then, on that call via a web share (like join me) or while face to face and ease their mind and try to close again.

Now it is more involved than this because two things are possible, you aren't addressing their needs properly or they are stalling for some reason, either way you need to find out, never just let them go. If you do you're not doing your job, you're not serving the client and that's why they aren't buying from you, but they are buying from someone else in many cases.

I send a 2 pocket folder containing my business card (of course), a copy of the CMS booklet on Choosing a Medigap policy, and usually the booklet produced by United Healthcare called "Medicare Made Clear - Show Me Guide". I include a letter with a short recap of whatever we've discussed & let them know what steps they may need to take before we meet (some who are really early may need to pay a visit to the local Social Security office, etc.) and outline when we'll make contact again. Even though the one book is produced by United Healthcare, it has no product information in it - just an overview of Medicare (all 4 parts & Med supps). Hope that helps.

I do not send lit previous to a face to face appointment. This applies to ALL markets,i.e., med supp, life, health, etc. It is generally a complete waste of time, money, and a drain on your attitude. In fact, I rarely leave much lit unless the appointment is a sale. I have learned this the hard way over the last 35 years. It's bullshit, and you're only fooling yourself, and the prospect is fooling you as well.

Well, this has worked well for me. I definitely pre-qualify ( a lot) prior to sending this & it almost always results in an appointment where I'm going simply to write the business. Everyone works differently - this has simply gotten really good results for me & usually results in the person receiving it coming to me for all questions prior to the sale and beyond.

here are two that work for me :

1) "I used to mail the info to people, but my clients still had many questions that needed to be answered after reading the material, so I have found it was more advantageous for them to go over the material in person, so if they had any questions they could be answered right then and there." ~(i use this one usually for medicare)

2) "Well, i could mail you the information but the thing is, I wouldn't know if I am sending you the right information... You see, i am not just an Insurance agent, I also a field underwriter, and when meeting with you, part of my job is to figure out which product, if any, is suitable for you and if you even medically qualify for a product. With that being said, if monday or tuesday better for us to meet?" ~ this one only works for fully underwritten policies like life insurance (not medicare)

And here is one I have seen another agent use:

3) "Sir, we dont mail our info out, we are more of an old fashioned kind of company, where we do our business face to face and build long lasting relationships. We would really like to get to know you in the process to better understand what type of product would be suitable for you and take care of you." ~ This one works best if you are a female with a real cute southern bell style accent

Well, this has worked well for me. I definitely pre-qualify ( a lot) prior to sending this & it almost always results in an appointment where I'm going simply to write the business. Everyone works differently - this has simply gotten really good results for me & usually results in the person receiving it coming to me for all questions prior to the sale and beyond.

If it really does work for you, fantastic. As I said, in 35 years I've not met any successful agents who consistently mail out lit for pre-approach. I'm not sure how long you've been in the biz, but I know that sending out lit for "pre-sold" appointments is absolute bullshit. No one can tell me or prove it different.:skeptical:

If it really does work for you, fantastic. As I said, in 35 years I've not met any successful agents who consistently mail out lit for pre-approach. I'm not sure how long you've been in the biz, but I know that sending out lit for "pre-sold" appointments is absolute bullshit. No one can tell me or prove it different.:skeptical:

LOL. You are absolutely correct.

Well, you can say it's bullshit if you like, but I'm sending to people who are referred to me by existing clients & we've had a good pre-qualification phone call prior to my sending them anything. Also, I'm not telling you I send material to everyone - I rarely send anything in advance - only when it's appropriate. As I said - this has worked very well for me and I sell at the appointment every time I've sent it ahead, so call it what you will - I'm not cold calling & blindly sending. That's not what I do.

Back