5 Scripts To Overcome "just Send Me Your Info" Objection

Great advice here. The sending info question is a huge opportunity to ask more questions, find out their problem areas, what they have/don't have, schedule an appointment and even follow-up with them later as mentioned here. When you get them talking more than you during the conversation, you've got their interest and that's a good thing.

direct mailers are your best bet, if i continued to run across that objection i would just simply say there is alot of information i would like to cover with you, more importantly there is alot of changes coming up with medicare, i just want to educate you on the options and rights that you are ENTITLED to, is mon or wed a better day for me to stop by, narrow down a time. If they dont play ball on to the next one!

gca80 said:
I do not send lit previous to a face to face appointment. This applies to ALL markets,i.e., med supp, life, health, etc. It is generally a complete waste of time, money, and a drain on your attitude. In fact, I rarely leave much lit unless the appointment is a sale. I have learned this the hard way over the last 35 years. It's bullshit, and you're only fooling yourself, and the prospect is fooling you as well.

I totally agree for the most part it is a stall or a no disguised as being nice. It is really the meanest form of no as the inexperienced agent takes time and money mailing something and trying to reach this person again.

If I can not under the real reason I will resort to making them pay me ie I say fine what is your email address and then I can add them to a drip campaign which takes nothing in forms of time.

I have also said you know Mr smith I have found many people that ask me to send them something fall into two catagories the first has no interest but are being to nice to just tell me that and the second truelly needs more info to make a decision which do you fall in to if they admit no interest I more on if they say they need more info to make a decision I agree and explain that's what the appointment is for to spend a few minutes with specific info to allow them to make an informed decision.

I've made a lot of really solid sales and i've only sent out things in the mail a few times. The few times i've taken the time to send out literature it's not even resulted in a sale. When people ask me for brochures and whatnot I ask how often they get junk mail. Most seniors get a LOT of junk mail. I explain that this is something so important that it can't just be outlined in an advertisement. If they want me to send out things from all of the companies we represent they'd soon be begging me to stop because we deal with many different companies and plans. We're trying to save them money! Then I tell them that a REAL insurance company only sends out two things: A POLICY and a check to the family. They don't need gimmicky stuff or brochures because they have a product that speaks for itself. I'm in the insurance business not the junk mail business. I tell them I can provide something incomparably better: a POLICY with their name on it, and every single thing they need to know inside. In order to have that in their hands, all we have to do is complete a short application and do a health interview so we can be sure they're eligible for the best plan available to them.
It works like magic!

Sorry sir, I can't mail me. I have to put my eyes on you and the ____ were going to be protecting. I have to Validate and Verify you are who you say you are. With identity theft these days, I could lose my job.

Finally, let's say what I send you - you like it and want to move forward with the protection plan I came up with, then I still have to come out and see you and have you sign the application. Why don't we both just save ourselves time? I'll drop by for 15 minutes, show you what you qualify for and if I am there longer it's because you asked me to stay.

If I can't help you in 15 minutes, I'll leave as a friend as I come as a friend and be onto my next appointment, fair?

I tried that when trying to set appts off TM leads. They all became NI when given the option.

So one week, give them the option and record how many NI. Then the next week, do what you would otherwise do and record how many appointments you get and how many sales come from it.

You may just be better off finding out they are not interested now than after a 30 minute drive and hour presentation. Or you may find it is better to press for the appointment. Either way, you'll have some data to back it up. Do it for a few more weeks to solidify the results.

Back