5 Star Not Paying As Earned???

Macker77

Expert
Like most on here who wrote 5 Star before they canned their final expense, I am wondering if you are still getting your as earned? I stopped getting mine a few months ago and noticed last week. I called them last week, only got a voicemail. I called back several times kept on getting voicemail. Finally tried a different number, got in touch with someone live, who said he was transferring me to that dept(commissions) but I was just put on hold for over 30 minutes before I had to hang up to go on my appts. Very frustrated with them and feel they are possibly taking my as earned (and others). I wrote a good amount with them. For them to just stop paying as earned with no correspondence(via email or mail) is just wrong. Since website access was suspended, we, as agents have no way of knowing what is going on. Anyone else having issues with as earned?

I got an as earned deposit about 2 months ago but i only had 7 or so policy's on the books.. You could have had a denied claim that is chewing your renewals up. I never believed it but 5 star is the worst company ever.

Like most on here who wrote 5 Star before they canned their final expense, I am wondering if you are still getting your as earned? I stopped getting mine a few months ago and noticed last week. I called them last week, only got a voicemail. I called back several times kept on getting voicemail. Finally tried a different number, got in touch with someone live, who said he was transferring me to that dept(commissions) but I was just put on hold for over 30 minutes before I had to hang up to go on my appts. Very frustrated with them and feel they are possibly taking my as earned (and others). I wrote a good amount with them. For them to just stop paying as earned with no correspondence(via email or mail) is just wrong. Since website access was suspended, we, as agents have no way of knowing what is going on. Anyone else having issues with as earned?

When you say As Earned do you mean renewals? They have stopped paying your renewals?

We are still seeing renewal commissions from them. One possibility is that you had a recission that may have knocked them out.

My advice is to keep calling them until you can reach someone that can help you. If you have an upline they should be able to tell you if you appear on their debt report.

I just checked my bank statement. I got 7 deposits from 1 Star in March. The last one was last Friday.

I'll make an educated guess that you had a death claim and it wasn't paid and now your renewals are going to that chargeback.

And no, they do not notify you of a claim. They do not notify you if they rescinded the claim. You will have ask for the reason.

That's how they roll. And not just because they stopped taking business. That's how they have always been.

No communications of any sort.

Yes, sorry renewals. I tried yet again to contact them and spent another 40 minutes of my time I will never get back. I just love how they keep the agent in the dark. Now I regret placing anyone with them.

Jd in the last yr 0 star actually notified me of a claim they paid and one they didn't.Speaking of crap i had Trans rescind a 15 month old policy. They said the guy smoked and the client denied it. Outside direct express i'm finished with them.

Jd in the last yr 0 star actually notified me of a claim they paid and one they didn't.Speaking of crap i had Trans rescind a 15 month old policy. They said the guy smoked and the client denied it. Outside direct express i'm finished with them.

They have never notified me of anything. Not claims paid, not claims denied. Not when a payment doesn't process. Nothing.

They recently changed their service fax number. Did they notify agents of that change? Nope. Not me, not any other agents. Just find out the hard way.

Back