5 Ways 2020 Medigap Changes Are Driving States Wild

I agree, But I have heard this before, I believe I have seen a video of an AARP seminar where they were saying it was illegal to tell clients plan F premiums may go up due to changes in 2020 something about rogue agents saying premiums would go up

I was in the front row of this conference. It was a complete joke as were the presenters, clearly bought and paid for. Keep in mind AARP/UHC did not have a Plan G then so that was likely a highly motivating factor for them to push their "Please don't steal our Plan F clients" agenda.

I know in FL UHC AARP didn’t raise their plan J higher than any other plan. So I tell my clients that plan G May be the safer bet, but don’t let anyone tell you it’s a sure thing that F will increase more.

I know in FL UHC AARP didn’t raise their plan J higher than any other plan. So I tell my clients that plan G May be the safer bet, but don’t let anyone tell you it’s a sure thing that F will increase more.

If AARP has not raised on plan J maybe I wouldn't get too much into it in FL, However, every person I spoke with NON AARP plan J had higher rates some not too much higher some very high, Spoke to a guy in CA several years ago paying $645 per month plan J

If AARP has not raised on plan J maybe I wouldn't get too much into it in FL, However, every person I spoke with NON AARP plan J had higher rates some not too much higher some very high, Spoke to a guy in CA several years ago paying $645 per month plan J

Oh yeah, I agree. Plan J across the board in FL had high rate increases, minus uhc.

I just inform clients that I suspect plan F will have bigger rate increases but it wasn’t the case in the past with uhc. I push G and N.
Also, uhc still allows F to G switch with no underwriting. As of today that is.

Oh yeah, I agree. Plan J across the board in FL had high rate increases, minus uhc.

I just inform clients that I suspect plan F will have bigger rate increases but it wasn’t the case in the past with uhc. I push G and N.
Also, uhc still allows F to G switch with no underwriting. As of today that is.

I remember seeing they stopped the internal switching no underwriting, I don't know maybe state specific but I did get an email about that from either UHC or FMO several months ago

I remember seeing they stopped the internal switching no underwriting, I don't know maybe state specific but I did get an email about that from either UHC or FMO several months ago

There was a thread discussion here about that awhile back. I don't remember the specifics either. Chazm may have posted at that time that they had not yet made that change in FL-again dont remember for sure.

There was a thread discussion here about that awhile back. I don't remember the specifics either. Chazm may have posted at that time that they had not yet made that change in FL-again dont remember for sure.

They have also become tougher on underwriting in many of my state IL.NC TX to name a few, Been getting people used to be an easy issue getting bumped up to level 2 premium things like had a stent 6 years ago you have a heart condition whatever

also, they are no longer the least expensive in NY so a lot of changes with them

“ Some agents are telling their policyholders that premiums for coverage under Plans C or F will be increasing to such an extent that they should purchase other coverage,” officials write. “These are misleading statements to induce policyholders to improperly switch coverage using marketing and sales techniques that are in clear violation of the Medicare supplement insurance laws and a states’ unfair trade practices laws. If a state finds such activity, the state can take appropriate administrative action.”

And how are these misleading statements when it is common sense what will happen with these plans, especially if you offer it as an opinion? Isn't that why we are agents, to guide them?

It is misleading, because its not necessarily true. I have met several customers in Florida that still have a plan J with AARP from eons ago. The price they are paying for it is still reasonable, and very competitive to even a Plan F is priced today.

It is misleading, because its not necessarily true. I have met several customers in Florida that still have a plan J with AARP from eons ago. The price they are paying for it is still reasonable, and very competitive to even a Plan F is priced today.

Still rare and probably FL specific. It's not like most are saying the sky is fallen change now or you're doomed

Most are basically saying this may happen and besides the cost dif today is between $3 and $6 per year and that may be greater down the line

I personally believe with the exception of a few mainly AARP the rest will go up in premium faster and some way faster after 2020 as many already favor G from F in pricing by a bit

Some I think won't be as fast but are already the higher rates AARP outside of FL maybe some of the BC as well

if it were my own Mother I wouldn't want her on plan F for this reason among others

Yes, but the biggest difference there is that not that many people were on Plan J. The majority of Med Supp people were/are on a Plan F.

Back