50% Part B Deductible Increase for 2016

Jul 31, 2015

1. azmedsupagent

azmedsupagent Guru

State:
    Arizona
    This would be an un precedented increase for the Part B deductible. The increased claims cost on plan F and the decreased in Plan G claims costs will further widen the premium gap from Plan F to G. I think the question is will seniors continue to see the value in plan G or any supplement for that matter with such a high cost barrier to recieving care.

I tell you what, im getting sick of living in constant fear that the government is going to put me out of business. Every year Im just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

https://csg-actuarial-wordpress.app...projects-large-increase-to-part-b-deductible/

2. axeman462

axeman462 Guru

State:
    Florida
    I see these unpredictable moves from the government as making us more valuable. These old people need someone to turn to for answers. Who else are they going to turn to if not us?

Besides, if they dont take a medsupp or MAPD, what else are they going to do? Not have insurance?

3. sman

sman Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Ummm...Medicare IS insurance.

sman, Jul 31, 2015
  4. axeman462

axeman462 Guru

State:
    Florida
    lol right, but what i meant was, what are they going to do? Pay all those deductibles and coinsurances out of pocket everytime they go to the doctor? A plan N or G with a deductible $76 larger than it was this year, is still better than Medicare without a plan G or N

5. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    I bet the F doesn't go up to much early on,\
    It is probably going to be more difficult to convince a senior the G or the N is going to be a better option, Because they will be afraid of unpredictable deductibles.

Then a year probably 2 were going to see those Plan F having higher increases but not enough for everyone to jump ship then when the eliminate the F, Its over and many people wont be healthy enough to switch.. And that is if they don't raise deductibles again.

vic120, Jul 31, 2015
  6. kgmom219

kgmom219 What's Next?

State:
    Texas
    Everyone take a deep breath...

They aren't going to raise the Part B deductible by more than $25 next year. Its an election year :)

kgmom219, Jul 31, 2015
  7. agentjhc

agentjhc Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Plan F is gone in 2020 (at least as it stands). The gov wants the seniors to have to absorb more from a cost sharing standpoint. So in 2020, higher premiums will be in place and everyone will have at least a small deducible.

agentjhc, Jul 31, 2015
  8. BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee Guru

State:
    Florida

50 million seniors would storm the Capitol. :D

9. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    You are probably right,I hope your right

vic120, Jul 31, 2015
  10. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    That makes no sense. If the deductible goes up $100 then Plan F goes up by more than the $100. Plan G and N would be even a better deal.

Rick